ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Re: Need Help Breaking the "Third Spanish States Curse"

Post by Kanuckistan »

Solar Communes wrote:And I bet Tiber is going to say:

"But you have red eyes like bunnies!"

Then she'll regurgitate some millennial LULZ

I think it'd be rather out of character to even realise red eyes were abnormal for a baseline hunam, given his background. :P
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

I'd like to find an In-Character way of getting this stuff for Annika through a Roleplay with Chron, or something alike.

And to use it against Wapanese Jedi :twisted:

Also, Otagia, when will you resume this RP? I don't mind if you'll only have enough time for it next month.

PS: As for how far the fact Annika is a soulless bearer of the "pariah gene" that might make any psych/Weeaboo Jedi cower in fear will interfere with diplomatic relations, that is up to you.

*Edit: Heh... posted in the wrong thread, now fixed.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Yes, yes. I get it. I'm a miserable failure. *cries*

;)

Will try to get something up shortly, life has been kicking my ass lately. :(
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Otagia wrote:life has been kicking my ass lately. :(
RL comes first.

I would never let NS take me away from a great opportunity in life.

Now lets see one unfortunate fact: NS vs. RL

NS Rping is the "hardcore of hardcores". It provides a very small ratio of fun per hour, smaller even than that of hardcore games, and requires much more time as well. I can buy as many computer games as I will have available time to play per month now, and likewise, I'll sooner or later join a group to play soccer IRL.

Between two games bringing me the same level of fun, where one requires me to spend four hours per day at least for such level of fun, while the other brings it in only one hour, there is no question to what my choice would be.

And I've had more fun in the short Call of Duty 1 single player campaign than in two months of NS.

I joined NS back when I had a crappy computer and no $ to buy a better one or new games. By then, whenever I bought a new game, I would downrightly abandon NS. It has always served as the sort of thing to do in rainy Sundays because watching television packs an even lower Fun:hour ratio.

I will not dowrightly stop, but don't expect long IC posts anymore... just quickies. And eventually I'll have to dowright stop this and replace NS with equally fun entertainment that requires much, much less time.

Once College is over, I may return though, if seeking a greater goal IRL doesn't take all my time away.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

How very... economic, of you. o.0

That seems a very unnatural way at looking at things, atleast for me. Where you seem to see an objective 'units of fun', and, 'fow many FunWatts does this generate??', I look at it more in terms of flavours of fun, different, but, in general, more-or-less equal, and subject to valuation on the basis of what I feel like doing at the time.

NS, then, offers a fairly uncommon experience, the opportunity to craft not just characters, but a whole civilization, and interact with others in whatever measure of depth you feel like, in a persistent universe. It's just not something you can get with a computer game.

And then, of course, once engaged in a multiplayer game of any sort, I feel obligated to keep up my end, because my actions directly impact the experiences of others, generally regardless of the game itself, unless I'm small fry noone would notice vanishing. Not that I haven't done it, but I generally do my best to avoid it, because I know how frustrating it can be for everyone else.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

My idea of a fun multiplayer game is an at most 10 minutes long CTF, Assault or Deathmatch.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Solar Communes wrote:My idea of a fun multiplayer game is an at most 10 minutes long CTF, Assault or Deathmatch.
You need to broaden your horizons.

Try Left4Dead.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Solar Communes wrote:My idea of a fun multiplayer game is an at most 10 minutes long CTF, Assault or Deathmatch.

I generally play NavyField for multiplayer(albeit not too often), because it doesn't mind my dialup. Default game time is 15min or until one team wins.

Tho even then, if I had one of the better, or best, ships on the team, I'd stall on quitting until I died.

And I included NS when I said multiplayer games, even if it's only a few hours stretched out over several months. Moreso, even, for all the effort many people can invest in a single thread - dropping it because you lose interest without concern for those you leave hanging can be rather assholeish.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Kanuckistan wrote:And I included NS when I said multiplayer games, even if it's only a few hours stretched out over several months. Moreso, even, for all the effort many people can invest in a single thread - dropping it because you lose interest without concern for those you leave hanging can be rather assholeish.
I don't take Internet games with other anonymous players that seriously. It's supposed to be something for fun, not something to take responsibility for regarding finishing RPs etc. And to be honest I give a shit at what a random person from the Internet thinks because another random anonymous decided to move. I never considered someone an asshole because this person decided to find better fun than NS and abandoned a RP I might have started.

If someone feels bad and angsty in real life over something as trivial, irrelevant and pointless as the fact another person abandoned his "roleplay" in an Internet forum, which in turn is far worse and FAIL than ending in the same way because someone stole an i-Pod...

HERE LIES THE SOLUTION

PS: People shouldn't take NS that seriously. Really. It isn't healthy for real life.