Transcendent or Subtranscendent?

General debate and discussion. (OOC)

Where do you fit on the transcendence scale?

Right
11%
Centre-right
5%
Centre
No votes
Centre-left
11%
Left
11%
Subtranscendent
32%
Castrate Facehugger
32%

Total votes: 19

Godular
ESUS Wanktacular Specimen

Re: Transcendent or Subtranscendent?

Post by Godular »

Godulans would prolly be considered 'left transcendent' on this particular issue and using these definitions. They show similar features and personalities to what kanuckistan described earlier, though their overall motivations are somewhat different. They can generate a body for themselves as necessary, are essentially immortal, and incorporate AIs as part of their population with the simple consideration that those AIs are given the same rights as organic-origin sentients. Their technology is generally seen by others as extraordinarily advanced to the extreme, and the Godulans protect it with uncharacteristic ferocity.

In overall outlook, they seem more like druids than any other kind of character archetype. They are concerned with nature and the exploration of all facets of the universe, from sociological concerns to the most esoteric perturbations of quantum and dimensional physics. To them, technology is just another aspect of nature, a way of applying the principles that they have mastered. This also tends to give them a massively warped sense of ethics, as their curiosity typically involves acts of hedonism geared towards 'understanding' and 'remembering what its like'.

They left their humanity behind long ago, and sometimes they miss it.
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Post by Allanea »

The answer is clear:

CASTRATE FACEHUGGER.

Seriously, through, I'm right-transcendentalist.
Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Post by Derscon »

hm....

Derscon is a mix of...well, all and none of the options. Part of this is because of the huge diversity of the Empire, part of it because I was always too lazy to actually delve into what Derscon actually is.
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.