Holy Shit....

Post by Metallinauts »

http://www.dawnofwar2.com/us/home

watch new fucking trailer...
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Re: Holy Shit....

Post by Jordaxia »

seen it. Yes, even the updated bit. been out for a while now, though the tyranids were blurrily confirmed in the unupdated trailer. Still, an AWESOME cinematic. Especially the dreadnaught. I love those guys.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Nids are official look at the pics..
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Did you mean the gameplay trailer? Because I was amused to see Orks that look an awful lot like my Blue Meanies clan.
"Emperor of Skeelzania, Grand Prince of Solomon, Champion of the Guards, Defender of the Race, Lord of Hosts, and Heir to the Great Bad Skeelz."

Official title of the ruler of Skeelzania
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

I wonder how long it will take before tools unaware that the Tyrannids and Bugs came first than the Zergs start through dumb comments like "zomg Starcraft 2 rip-off!"

But anyway, great news to see it. Only I've never played the original Dawn of War, so I have no idea on how its gameplay differs from the usual RTS grade. I only hope that the supposed WH40k MMORPG won't be a PG13 rated watershed Fail, but knowing GW, it likely won't.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

Solar Communes wrote:I wonder how long it will take before tools unaware that the Tyrannids and Bugs came first than the Zergs start through dumb comments like "zomg Starcraft 2 rip-off!"

But anyway, great news to see it. Only I've never played the original Dawn of War, so I have no idea on how its gameplay differs from the usual RTS grade. I only hope that the supposed WH40k MMORPG won't be a PG13 rated watershed Fail, but knowing GW, it likely won't.
And the xenomorphs from the Alien movies also predate starcraft. Big deal. The only people in this who I've seen complaining about similarities between games have been retarded 40k fanboys who won't shut up about them thinking Starcraft is a 40k ripoff. Saw numerous posts on several forums about that when SC2 was announced. One is somewhere deep within the pit known as the nationstates forums, another few were on the battle.net SC2 general discussion forum.

As for gameplay, DoW 2 is being set up to have slightly different gameplay from the original. From what I've seen, Relic is making it closer in nature to Company of Heroes (or whatever their WW2 game was called) gameplay, with actual use of cover, lots of environment damage (From what I've heard), and no base building.
This won't end well.
Zerstorendar
ESUS Hot Lunch
Prefix: The Mannlich Imperium of
Name: Zerstorendar

Post by Zerstorendar »

Old news is old.

DoW2 will be completely different from the original, and for the better remains to be seen in regards to competitive balance. The campaign looks fantastic, but that hardly matters in the grand scheme of things.
Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

And now tanks will no longer be vulnerable to cultists!
Zerstorendar
ESUS Hot Lunch
Prefix: The Mannlich Imperium of
Name: Zerstorendar

Post by Zerstorendar »

Haha, a DoW unit. Vulnerable to cultists. Good one.
Metallinauts

Post by Metallinauts »

I am speaking of the realism issue, there is no way in FUCK that a cultist laspistol would ever... EVER do damage to a Predator or Land Raider.