Shivans are back.

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Re: Shivans are back.

Post by Metallinauts »

I am going to say that we will need to have some sort of IC leadership in the coming war and I would like to out my hat in the ring. My nation is not easily accessible by the Shivans. We have massively powerful defenses and can spot them from far away. Also factor in that we have been very active participants in every single Shivan incursion, we are readily prepared to face the onslaught.

We also have a battle plan in the works. This plan would involve breaking down the areas in the zones of known attacks, and appointing leaders of these zones and assigning them groups to work with. This will all be guided by us and the other zone leaders. This plan will closely mirror the highly successful British air defense of WW2.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Einstein and Newton laws would own the most tactically relevant Shivan technology(like in subspace, space opera-grade shield systems won't work in Solar Communes universe, though because of different reasons)... they can only arrive through one heavily fortified way with a heckload of kinetic-kill ordnances ready to be fired towards at any moment, unless they decide to build torchships and reach it after 1000000... years of slower-than-light travel.

I volunteer myself to let my puppet be totally destroyed in this RP and support this conflict with Solar Communes.

My plan is to lure them to the Solarian universe, where the laws of science will conspire against their tactics.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

The thing is, when you RP against the Shivans you can't say your tech, or your universe negates their power. It ruins the RP. The Shivans, when the ESUS battled them, nearly killed the entire alliance. They're that powerful. One nation is nothing to them, no matter the tech they carry - and Solar Communes, it doesn't matter if your universe doesn't work that way, the Shivans come from a similar universe and have bypassed it.

The point of a Shivan RP is to nearly lose.
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

Mindset is correct. I will be putting up a request for aid soon in the Senate, so everyone can jump aboard. Hell, Metal and I can do a combined request, once we realize its the Shivans (US asked us to delay actually finding out for dramatic purposes).
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

The Mindset wrote:The point of a Shivan RP is to nearly lose.
Why do you think I signed up as POLAND IN SPAAACE?

That wasn't a serious post.

Actually Solar Communes wouldn't care and thus not participate of this RP. They find statistically more likely for the Shivans to kill a much larger amount of Xenos than of humans and don't feel threatened at all by them.

PS: I can't lose anything without deleting my main FT NS in the process... like I mentioned Solar Communes controls de facto only one system. Thus if it's more believable to use flexi-time and claim this all happened far before Solar Communes joined the ESUS, so be it.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

Oh man. I remember this time.

I always sucked at losing way back when, I was one of those dumb people that couldn't resist a dick-measuring contest.

I'd hope I'm a little more grow'd up now.
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Probably not JJR :o
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

Metal, you being leader is fine with me, but do remember that the Shivans have apparently advanced from before, and Sithy has stated they have defenses against temporal tech now. So, basically, we have to develop new ways to hurt them. Which will take time, sacrifice, and creativity.

Also, Sithy has asked that we delay the entire ESUS entry into the war so the younger nations can get involved and not rely on us to help them. There is a point, when a new class of Shivan ship appears and entire fleets arrive, that the ESUS comes roaring in, but this will only delay the inevitable. As such, we need a reason to delay the ESUS responding to my call in the Senate, when it comes, until that point. Sithy recommended a debate or something slowing down the process, until the event I mentioned shocking us into action. But other ideas are good too.

EDIT: The battleplan sounds good Metal. Just remember, it's going to be near impossible to win battles throughout the entire thing.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Indra Prime
Prefix: The 42nd Itteration of
Name: Indra Prime

Post by Indra Prime »

Damn, the Shivans are back? wow. thats almost tempting enough for a revival tour. Though metal, I must say, there are some holes in that strategy.

Good to see you people again.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

I will seek to avoid combat on account of the fact that ICly I'm still quite weak. Humanitarian aid is one thing, a war against an implacable foe like the Shivans is quite another.

If you need ground forces, I could probably provide warm power-armored bodies, however.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."