ESUS Map

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Re: ESUS Map

Post by The Mindset »

This morning I rewrote the map base code. Everything I've said in the past can therefore be disregarded as it is now AWESOMELY AWESOME.

Features:

A galaxy map that has several display modes: display all systems, display all systems coloured by alliance affiliation (for systems with more than one alliance affiliation, their alliance colours are averaged), display only select alliances. This map comes in two sizes: 960x960px and an embeddable 480x480px.

A sector map with eight levels of zoom, which displays trade routes (measured in lightyears - which are accurate, did I mention that the entire map is to the exact scale of the Milky Way galaxy?) and locations of fleets outside systems. This map comes in two sizes: 960x960px and an embeddable 480x480px.

A system map with three levels of zoom. This map is also scaled to realistic sizes: one grid square represents one AU. This map displays orbital paths, planets, moons, locations of fleets, FTLi radii given off by fleets or planets and interplanetary trade routes. All items are colour coded so are easy to differentiate. This map comes in two sizes: 960x960px and an embeddable 480x480px.

Additional features include controls that offer quick distance calculation between systems, insertion of your own systems, planets, moons and fleets, plotting your own trade routes, selecting your nation's colour code, assigning alliance affiliations to your systems.

90% of this is implemented. I expect it to be finished within a week, after which I will release it to the ESUS. From there it will expand to the general NS population.
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

Wow! Already 90% implemented, too? What the hell caused this?
This won't end well.
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Boredom.
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

The Mindset wrote:Boredom.
The greatest programming fuel the world has ever known.
This won't end well.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

Congrats MIndset. Also, on the most recent NS roleplaying stint that we are both taking part in - Sskiss comedy ensues :mrgreen:
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Hah, yes, I've been enjoying your posts. There's something intrinsically funny about sentient dinosaurs. I'm tempted to have my delegate say something to yours that'd provoke something equivilent to Sskiss (s)laughter.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

The Mindset wrote:Hah, yes, I've been enjoying your posts. There's something intrinsically funny about sentient dinosaurs. I'm tempted to have my delegate say something to yours that'd provoke something equivilent to Sskiss (s)laughter.
Actually, it gets a little more subtle in that Lisss' Zeee sounds similar to Lindsay, which is my real name. You will also note Lisss' Zeee discription.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Sskiss wrote:Lindsay, which is my real name.
I still can't process this information.

I mean, your style of writing lacks purple prose, excessive scenery description, excessive costume description and the sort of things that tend to categorize the posts of most female members in NS.

This means I have to evoke Rule 16
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Solar Communes wrote:
Sskiss wrote:Lindsay, which is my real name.
I still can't process this information.

I mean, your style of writing lacks purple prose, excessive scenery description, excessive costume description and the sort of things that tend to categorize the posts of most female members in NS.

This means I have to evoke Rule 16
I don't think he claimed to be female, SC. Maybe, you know, that's what his parents named him?
This won't end well.
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Sskiss is most certainly a gentleman. Lindsay is a unisex name. Free your mind man.