http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emWaXQ5nfsM&fmt=18
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Re: Soviet Union Anime

Post by Sskiss »

Oh good lord... Skinny little twiggies running around with oversized swords again. Oh, and leaping impossible distances....

Crap...
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Sskiss wrote:Oh good lord... Skinny little twiggies running around with oversized swords again. Oh, and leaping impossible distances....

Crap...
I was paying more attention to the T-34s and Stukas in the vid that I didn't even think about that. Too bad they are just background stuff for what probably amounts to an uber-teenager Communist Mary Sue tale.

I'd rather see a somewhat realistic war movie on the Eastern Front, without the ZERG RUSH SUICIDAL HUMAN WAVE KEKEKE of Enemy at the Gates.

PS: But beggars can't be choosers, amirite?
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Looks pretty damn awesome.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Do u liek it?

Mandatory pic.

Ho ho ho.

I prefer western stuff over far eastern. I don't like the drawing style of animes personally, and I hate very much the LOLWUT grade fights that some are centered on, like for example the Dragon Ball series.

But this, on the other hand, seem too good to pass, I'll have to check it anyway because I like war themed stuff, specially World War 1 and World War 2 inspired animations, even when they are LULZy propaganda involving a Nazi Donald Duck, although I prefer movies with real actors. Unfortunately other than Passchendaele, the genre is pretty much dry.

PS: I wish Poland could have developed a proper movie industry. The battles of Wizna and of Westerplatte could end as awesome movies, but with Shittywood, it's always the same shit(Canadian movies making a difference on this, fortunately)

THE AMERICANS WON WW2 BY THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And of course, the mandatory clichés, crappy one liners and pathetic jingoism. Sometimes I'm glad the genre just "died". Maybe it could have a renaissance elsewhere.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Solar Communes wrote:THE AMERICANS WON WW2 BY THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well yeah, duh, where have you been Image

</sarcasm>
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Solar Communes wrote:
Do u liek it?
I LURV IT.

More seriously, I'm a big fan of plot-based series, and until recently, there's been a dearth of good plot based Western TV. Anime, however, has never really suffered from this problem, and is where I get a lot of my entertainment. Stuff like this, Gantz, Ghost in the Shell, and Elfen Leid tend to be right up my alley. DBZ, however, is not.

Artwise, anime is hit or miss for me. While a more abstract art style is fine for comedic fare like Furi Kuri or Excel Saga, I really prefer the more realistic style used in First Squad or GitS for drama. Appleseed also pulls off a pretty good style, and anything by Miyazaki is amazing to look at even if the plots tend to be mindless fluff.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Hayao Miyazaki doesn't do anime. For one, his stuff isn't shit.

Anime = shit. Japanese animation = not necessarily so. The same goes for manga. Manga = shit. Japanese illustration = not necessarily so.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

I consider a Japanese WW2 propaganda illustration superior to manga in its artistic worth.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

The Mindset wrote:Hayao Miyazaki doesn't do anime. For one, his stuff isn't shit.

Anime = shit. Japanese animation = not necessarily so. The same goes for manga. Manga = shit. Japanese illustration = not necessarily so.
Truer words have never been spoken Dark Avenger