An ESUS Book?

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

An ESUS Book?

Post by The Mindset »

As an illustrator I often use blurb.com to self-publish fully bound books, printed on demand, for a reasonable fee (something like $6). They're high quality, polished, and quite stylish.

How about an ESUS book? A book comprised of completed RPs that our members are particularly proud of? I'd format the text, illustrate the front cover, and possibly provide illustrations for inside the book too. You could then, if you wish, purchase a physical copy of your roleplays - and those of your fellow ESUSers.

What do you think? Would you buy it?

If there's enough interest you can link me to the threads you'd like to see published and I can begin work.
Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

Re: An ESUS Book?

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

Not sure if I'd write for it, but I'd sure-as-hell buy it.
It's amazing how a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of hungry wolves.
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Do you have any past RPs you think are worthy of inclusion?
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

This would basically rule.

My (and many others) best completed stuff:
The Rise of Anikar Cycle: "Prophecy" was one of my first big co-op RPs with ESUS nations and definitely the most successful. It's become comparitively hamfisted to my other work with age but thats only made it endearingly swashbuckling. Linked in Anikar ESUSWiki article.
-The Prophecy
-The Revolution
-When you gaze long into the abyss...

The Ilë Sornë Civil War: Done completely on ESUS, the Civil War was a long cycle that had many unexpected alterations of course that still, I think, came together as a splendid tragic whole, and brought in superb work by a number of our members. A little hard to digest if you aren't familiar with the history, but the Imperiatus succeeded at being alien enough to pass as a credible ultra-threat all the same.
-Utulien, Aduial
-All will know

And I would buy the fuck out of it, no lie, though would it ship to America?
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Blurb's an American company. They ship pretty much everywhere.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

It's a neat concept, but I don't think any of my RPs are worth including in a novel.

Good luck with it though. :P
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:It's a neat concept, but I don't think any of my RPs are worth including in a novel.

Good luck with it though. :P
I wish your Civil War had come to fruition. :cry: You know, if you have an outline of it or something, I could try and write an ESUSWiki article for it; I assume that it at least happened on some level, yes?

[shamelessplug]Here[/shamelessplug] is an example in my article of the Ilë Sornë Civil War, which is almost done, and I hope is a good synopsis for people not familiar with the history, etc. I'd try and do something like that. Your civil war was easily as important if not more than that to the alliance, it'd be a shame for it to be lost.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

No, sorry.

I don't want for us to become the next Jim Theis.

And it'd be a copyright violation.

Even worse if actually someone made money from compiling forum posts. It would prove certain things on the intelligence level of the book consumer market.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Solar Communes wrote:No, sorry.

I don't want for us to become the next Jim Theis.

And it'd be a copyright violation.

Even worse if actually someone made money from compiling forum posts. It would prove certain things on the intelligence level of the book consumer market.
I don't think you understand what this entails. Only ESUS members could purchase the book. How would it be a copyright violation? It'd be compiled from roleplays that people have voluntarily submitted.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

I'm not overestimating my writing skills, that is it.

Neither I am overestimating the other members skills.

It just has a weird vibe to me. But if you want to do it, go ahead.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die