My first RP in about two years

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

My first RP in about two years

Post by The Mindset »

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8176

Probably two more establishing posts and I'll be introducing the main antagonist of this story - the long lost Mindsetti colony ship of Omanzee. It's been over a thousand years since it was lauched STL towards the stars. My thoughts are that it shows up in system as little more than a derelict. However its presence causes severe hallucinations in all people in-system. I'm hoping this will devolve into a sci-fi horror story in the vein of Event Horizon or Alien. At this stage, if you'd like to get involved, feel free to post.

I'm working with a few characters - Ullr Ake, a salvage captain; Marisa Griffin, a security officer aboard Odin Station; Mayor Kendall, despot of Odin Station and (soon) Alicia Cortez, a slightly crazy teenager who stows herself aboard Ullr's ship as he approaches the Omanzee derelict.

There's not going to be much space action other than a few skirmishes with other salvage boats in the next few posts, it'll be mostly a character RP where all the main characters slowly descend into madness and hallucination and paranoia after being trapped on the Omanzee derelict in deep space. It'll also be about discovering what happened to the 100,000 cold storage civilians that were supposed to be on the ship, but are now missing.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Re: My first RP in about two years

Post by Sskiss »

I've been reading it Mindset. Its excellent work, keep it up, although I don't know how my people will fit in.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

I'm glad you're enjoying it, it's quite nice to write again. I'm open to suggestions on how other races/nations could fit into the story. Perhaps rival salvage teams board the derelict at the same time or something. I dunno if Sskiss do salvage.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

The Mindset wrote:I'm glad you're enjoying it, it's quite nice to write again. I'm open to suggestions on how other races/nations could fit into the story. Perhaps rival salvage teams board the derelict at the same time or something. I dunno if Sskiss do salvage.
Well, as far as my limited knowledge recalls, Sskiss do scavenge. It's almost the same thing. They don't scare easily, though, and it'd blunt the horror edge of the RP if you had characters running around screaming, while the dinosaurs on ship wonder what all the fuss is about as they snack on the unlucky ones.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

Mindset, I'm afraid I concur with AN. It wouldn't work unless we were the 'horror' or 'Alien' (as in the movie) to be encountered in your story.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

I'd be happy to join as a salvage team going in to do their thing and get swept up in some horror stuff.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Arizona Nova wrote: They don't scare easily, though, and it'd blunt the horror edge of the RP if you had characters running around screaming, while the dinosaurs on ship wonder what all the fuss is about as they snack on the unlucky ones.
That just means Mindset has to be extra creative with his COSMIC HORROR.

Or he could do what I planned to do in my Stardust RP back in the day; have the horror tailor-made to each individual character ala Silent Hill. So the Sskiss would see the thing they fear most (perhaps a giant honking K-T asteroid :P), while the humanoid characters would see what they fear most.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."