General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Urgent: LOL DRAMA SERIOUS BUSINESS

Post by Kostemetsia »

So.

This thread isn't actually that urgent, but can we get a clear definition of what constitutes speaking for the ESUS?

I, for example, wouldn't say that noting that the ESUS is in the middle of whatever process constitutes speaking for the ESUS, as it's true. Granted, you may disagree with such notation, but you can't disagree with the underlying fact: i.e. that there is a debate going on on a specific topic.

Yes, I refer to my recent short discussion of the 'blanket ignore Rob' proposal in the IRON OOC thread: I was perhaps unjustified in publicising the existence of the debate (actually, I was completely unjustified, and plan to take a sabbatical from IRON for exactly that reason - I don't need to embarrass myself further) but I don't think it warranted the public attack I received from Kanuck in reply, and I want to sort out especially whether he was right in warning me for speaking for the ESUS.

Now, saying, for example, 'your use of us as an OOC bludgeon is not appreciated', implicitly by the entire ESUS, is, I think, a form of speaking for the ESUS. It's true, as far as I'm aware, but there is the tiniest possibility that somewhere, deep down, there is going to be someone who disagrees. You cannot disagree with the existence of a debate, however unjustified the debate; you can disagree with an emotive statement: 'not appreciated'.

tl;dr I think that saying what the ESUS is doing is not speaking for it, but saying what it might do / what you don't have proof it is doing is speaking for it. Mod ruling, pls?
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Re: Urgent: LOL DRAMA SERIOUS BUSINESS

Post by Solar Communes »

ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot

Post by Kostemetsia »

IF I SHOW TITS WILL THAT DO
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

They are not sufficient.
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot

Post by Kostemetsia »

I figured not. Hold on while I develop gynecomastia.
[center]Image
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Kostemetsia wrote: Yes, I refer to my recent short discussion of the 'blanket ignore Rob' proposal in the IRON OOC thread: I was perhaps unjustified in publicising the existence of the debate (actually, I was completely unjustified, and plan to take a sabbatical from IRON for exactly that reason - I don't need to embarrass myself further) but I don't think it warranted the public attack I received from Kanuck in reply, and I want to sort out especially whether he was right in warning me for speaking for the ESUS.
If my choice of words was too harsh, I apologise. My post was mainly intended to counter the implications of your own, swiftly and decisively, as I've seen such antics blow up befor.

I was... irked, I admit, by the whole affair, and felt, perhaps, that some rebuke warranted, but I wouldn't have been so heavy handed in my measure were it just that, so I hope you take no offence - when acting in public, one plays to the crowd.

Kostemetsia wrote: Now, saying, for example, 'your use of us as an OOC bludgeon is not appreciated', implicitly by the entire ESUS, is, I think, a form of speaking for the ESUS. It's true, as far as I'm aware, but there is the tiniest possibility that somewhere, deep down, there is going to be someone who disagrees. You cannot disagree with the existence of a debate, however unjustified the debate; you can disagree with an emotive statement: 'not appreciated'.

Mayhaps - by the same measure as your own, it's not technically untrue, as it doesn't specify by whom. I can't recall my specific intentions when crafting that sentence, but I think I was going for impact without being purposely vague.

Likewise, invoking the rule was... imprecise, a concise best-fit for what I wanted to convey. When re-posting on the ESUS boards themselves I should have changed it to specify your behavior instead, but I was distracted and tired and didn't want to dwell too long on an affair that just sat as ill with me as this one, and so was not as even handed as I might have been in my actions.

If it caused you undue grief, again, I apologise.

However...
Kostemetsia wrote:
Kanuckistan wrote:
Kostemetsia wrote: (By the by, you might like to know that the ESUS is currently deliberating on the matter of ceasing to recognise you. Have fun.)
Oh, you mean that proposal you made, which was instantly and almost universally rejected by the rest of the Union? And which you're now presenting as if it were a serious debate?

Thou shall not speak for the ESUS.

Your attempts to use us as a bludgeon in your petty OOC feuds is not apreciated. :evil:
And who's speaking for the ESUS now?

Stating a fact =/= making a subjective claim. If you're embarrassed by the fact that you continue to debate the proposal, that's none of my business.

DO. NOT. DO. THIS.

It is not only further hijacking, put plastering a dirty internal affair in public where others cannot but help see - for your childish pride, you smear us all, and provoke OOC divisions when they should be soothed while still but cracks.
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot

Post by Kostemetsia »

Yes, that was, indeed, unwarranted and hard-fail on my part. In light of that, thank you for taking the time to respond at length and in detail to my post here, which doesn't deserve it.

Your points are entirely correct, and any offence I were to take at any part of what you said would be unjustifiable and below, I think, the membership standard of the ESUS.
[center]Image
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Ugh Jesus what is this doing in our Laughterhouse

I concur with the most esteemed delegate of Solar Communes, do indeed generate the "lulz" or "GTFO." G2General :evil:
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Also I just saw Kanuck's post; yes for fuck's sake don't start shit on an NS thread about ESUS shit, God are you people 12
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

Also I just saw Kanuck's post; yes for fuck's sake don't start shit on an NS thread about ESUS shit, God are you people 12
DOES BIG BROTHER HAVE TO GET THE PADDLE 'O PUNISHMENT?

*cough*

Anyways, just a comment. Having seen Ssskiss' writing, I am glad to see him rping again and look forward to when I can get a chance to rp with his Sskiss.

That is all, return to your daily programming of violence and 12-year-old mockery.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.