War Hammer 40k

General debate and discussion. (OOC)

Do You Like It?

Total votes: 0

Indra Prime
Prefix: The 42nd Itteration of
Name: Indra Prime

Post by Indra Prime »

That may change at any moment however. Mwa ha ha ha ha! Run and Hide. I may be after you if there are problems. :axe:
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

My knowledge of Warhammer is derived almost entirly from what I've learned hanging out on the spacebattles.com BBS.

From what I gather, it has a rather interesting universe, decent but hardly spectacular gameplay, and the main atraction is the high quality models.

I've also learned that alot of 40k players are dreading the 4th edition rules, as the makers have aparently blundered in their attempts to ballance gameplay(the consenses seems to be that the best ballance was achived when TAR was issued, befor the TVR).

Apparently you can learn alot from diffusion :D

On the aforementioned BBS, there's an undisputed 40k expert by the name of HBMC; you might want to check out some of his writing, tacticas, and Q&As on the gaming forums there.
Wetland
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Wetland »

I have heard of it but never played it. And I am interested in this MMORPG.
Fear me, if you dare!
And read my story on fanfiction, please.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Wetland wrote:I have heard of it but never played it. And I am interested in this MMORPG.
Massivly Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game? Um, I think ye've got the wrong game; 40k's a tabletop wargame played with dice and models assembled and painted by the players.
Wetland
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Wetland »

I was responding to this:
I am currently working with a team to draw up plans for a new MMORPG, as of yet unnamed. It will allow players to own lan,d build houses, build farms, buy a horse for transport, trade with villages across a vast country, partake quests for money and glory, exploit glory to gain an edge over rivals, buy and train hunting dogs, hire boats to travel across the sea etc., etc. Naturally this is only in the very early planning staages, and some features may be dropped/modified - but one this is for sure, it's going to be fully 3D, and have an extensive trading and battle system.
Fear me, if you dare!
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Unforunately it's still in the very early stages, and major compoments might be ditched in favour of others at any time. THere is also the possibility that funding may be withdrawn, and the game development halted. Hopefully that does not happen, though.
Wetland
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Wetland »

Well, I wish you good luck with the project.
Fear me, if you dare!
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Wetland wrote:Well, I wish you good luck with the project.
Thank you. I'll tell the rest of the team.
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Yes I myself am regretting the 4th ed Chapter Approved (rules are called this) because the fu**ing humans get all these army types and extra powers while people who play alien races get the short end of the stick.