Role-Playing Boycot Declaired

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Role-Playing Boycot Declaired

Post by Balrogga »

I have carefully thought over many courses of action from simple pretending it was finished to actually leaving the ESUS over this matter. I have decided upon the following:

I am boycotting any RP in which CF is participating due to his inability to live up to his obligations to finishing said RPs. If he joins in one I am already participating I will simple ignore his presence. He will simply not exist to me. This will count for any known puppets and upon all forum boards.

He has been asked multiple times in many different forms and formats, both PMs and postings. He completely ignores polite and impolite requests to complete his obligations in even an untimely manner.

It is my opinion this behavior is both rude and insulting, especially from someone who is supposed to be an ally. It brings to mind the old saying "With friends like these, who needs enemies?" I believe the delay has been nearly four months now. I can't imagine a valid excuse for such behavior. All it needed was one simple post and everything would be done...

This is a personal decision I have made and I hope that it will not affect any other players. If they choose to follow my example, it will be their decision. I just cannot play with someone who treats fellow members like this.

I will end this botcot when CF finishes his obligations and/or apoligizes for his rude and uncalled for behavior.

Please do not flame me, this is something I feel I have to do and I refuse to sink to any levels or to participate in any flame war. Please research the threads in question if you want information because I am tired of this while thing.

Notice: The opinions expressed in this post are my feelings and should not be considered flamebait. I do not mean them to be such but I needed to express myself in this manner to show how much this has frustrated me. If you quote this post, please do not take anything out of context.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

Fair enough. Sorry it has to sink to this, but if you feel you have to...
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Thanks for understanding. CF probly doesn't even care if I do this.
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

I Understand.. i mean.. its one post.. he posted his god damn personal universe instead...
Five Civilized Nations
Mecha Maniac

Post by Five Civilized Nations »

*yawns* Eh? Do as you wish, you don't need to announce it to the whole world...
Member of the ESUS
Former Member of the GDA
Founding Member of the IADF (Dissolved)

Member of the APTO
Member of the CAP

Member of the OPM
Member of NATO

Member of NWO
Member of the LoD

5CN on Wiki
Great services are not canceled by one act or by one single error."--Benjamin Disraeli
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Arenumberg wrote:I Understand.. i mean.. its one post.. he posted his god damn personal universe instead...
Copy-paste. Took five minutes once I found the file. Mind you, actually finding the file took some doing, since apparently it had been deleted and I misplaced my backup. Fortunately, it was on my spare flash-drive, the one that I use for backups, ironically enough. :P
Balrogga wrote: CF probly doesn't even care if I do this.
Quite so. If I dig myself out of my rut of apathy, I can understand your reasons (I freely admit I've been a dick, and I apologize for it,) but that's about as far out of the apathetic pit as I can go without having it collapse under my own metaphorically bloated weight.

Translation: I don't care enough to finish the RP. It felt like a waste of time from the beginning (the peace negotiations I mean,) and I just don't feel the drive to finish it. Am I being a rude jerk? Absolutely.

*Shrugs* It just felt so stagnant, even before I stopped playing. There were no new subplots to explore, no new events to unfold, no stories to tell on my end. It seemed rather like an anti-climax, now that I think about it. We have this huge war, then you break in and we make war on you, leaving the key battles to happen 'offscreen' as it were, and then we go back to the negotiating table to preserve the status-quo. Reparations would be made, planets would change hands, but not much would truely happen in the scheme of things. To make an analogy, it was like the 'global' campaigns that GW does for 40k. It's billed as a world-shattering war that would bring a windfall of new and interesting changes, showcasing new models and rules (or RPing and conventions,) but in the end, nothing really changes because the higher ups (GW Execs or ESUS Members) can't really afford to make major changes and destabilize their respective franchises.

I was wrong in dropping it with no explanation. However, the chances of me finishing that particular RP in the future are close to those of hell building a working ski-resort and staffing it with angels.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

I'm in agreement wituh CF here, we had this massive war set to destabilize the entirety of the ESUS, for better or for worse, which could have also set in motion several sister Rp's. But like every other "Epic" thing that actually gets off the planning boards on this site, it was brought down by a combination of stagnation and lack of creativity.

It was also ushered along by the destruction and deletions of several nations involved and in the end was reduced from a Civil War, to a localized Border Skirmish.

Though it will always be written in Torontonian history as a grand event where the nation showed it was more than just a Economic Superpower, it had a respectible navy and army as well. Rising out of the pit of relitive obscurity, it also bolstered my OOC ability to participate in Rp's, throwing out the mindset that my posts didn't make a difference in the actual long run of the RP. It also opened up the possbilities of Relations between Arizona Nova and I (Although contacts have remained silent ICly since)

But standing by my original point, which has always been carried. The Civil War is dead, it has essentially been since the forum deletion where all background information was lost and we Fast-Forwarded to the bland negotiations which could have been subtitled as "We've all had our fun, but can we please have our stuff back?"

If you have your other RP to contend with that relied on the outcome of the Civil War, just assume a favourable outcome, with the withdrawl of one of the Alliance forces from Balroggan territory, the rest of the coaliation was eventually convinced to do the same. Then the problem is solved. You can't always expect many RP's to finish, one of biggest problems of great RP's is that the author (Or Participants) run out of creativity or ideas. Such as the downfall of Kanuckistans interesting Exile idea, or the Civil War, or any combination of Great Wars on the NS forums.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

It's a symptom of what's happening to this forum and elsewhere.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Sskiss wrote:It's a symptom of what's happening to this forum and elsewhere.
The whole 'Player X looses interest and simply leaves' has always been part of online RPing.

Doesn't mean it's not inconsiderate, or that the person shouldn't leave in such a way as to tie up any loose ends their doing so creates; simply hashing things out OOCly and deciding what would have happened would be better than the alternative.

And, really; CF only had to make a single post to finish things up. That's not exactly all that hard.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Kanuckistan wrote: Doesn't mean it's not inconsiderate, or that the person shouldn't leave in such a way as to tie up any loose ends their doing so creates;
Yes, I know I'm a dick.
simply hashing things out OOCly and deciding what would have happened would be better than the alternative.
I was under the impression that I did so, telling Tor... wait a sec, that's the thing. I did it with Tor, I forgot to do it with Bal.
And, really; CF only had to make a single post to finish things up. That's not exactly all that hard.
My IC posts take roughly three hours to do for a passable one. Why? Because I go through a near constant revision process. Then there's the fact that I absolutely refuse to do one paragraph posts.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."