What do we all do in RL?

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
The Silver Turtle

Post by The Silver Turtle »

I go to school, I'm the ICT Director for my Young Enterprise company, and I play Nationstates. These three things eat up my life so much I'm actually beginning to lose sleeping hours. Which is bad cos' I need 10 hours of sleep a night...
If we do not live another day,
Say this over our pyre:
They died like High Guard Lancers
With their faces to the fire.

Regimental Hymn of the 13th Imperial Lancers
Indra Prime
Prefix: The 42nd Itteration of
Name: Indra Prime

Post by Indra Prime »

I am as you all know, a Theoretical Physicist and the Director of Research at a R&D company.
Crystal Palais
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Crystal Palais »

I, myself, am a police dispatcher.
Wars are not fought over starships, nor are they fought over meaningless regions of interstellar space. They are fought over planets and territory.
The destruction of enemy forces is only a means to an end, and if it were possible to hit strategic targets without having to fight your way through opposing forces, any intelligent military commander would do it.
Northrop-Grumman Corp.
The Mindset's Bitch
Prefix: The
Name: Chronosian Imperium

Post by Northrop-Grumman Corp. »

I am in my senior year in high school. (By the way, I am also the copy editor for the school newsletter. That explains the obsession I have with spelling and punctuation.) I plan on going to college next year for a degree in aerospace engineering and afterwards join the U.S. Air Force.

Right now, I work for my parents in their cleaning service. I currently clean a church, the public library, and three doctors offices. It brings in pretty good money.

When I'm not at school or work, I play Nationstates (This is probably the only time I ever talk to real people. The people that live here in my town are a little too strange.), restore my car, play the piano, and play computer games.
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

Erm. I got to school... and get A's, and make over-complex devices like Tesla Coils and Gauss Rifles for SF projects. I hope to be an engineer one day, maybe. It'd be teh sweet.
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Oh, you meant jobs and stuff? In that case:

I work under my uncle as part of the artistic direction team of a medium-sized computer game development company based in Glasgow. I do it because it's huge fun, and I intend to take a formal degree course next year in games development, thus it is also great work experience. As some of you know, we were working on a large-scale MMORPG system/engine in which characters could do almost anything you could do in real life. However, the company has recently encountered financial difficulties, and we're working overtime attempting to finish as much as the engine and game as possible so the company may auction off the source to pay debts.

I currently attend college, studying Philosophy, Physics and Mathematics. I enjoy programming, and currently have a number of side projects, including an isometric game engine written in java intended for mobile-phone display. Since you all seem to be bragging about your awards, I can say this: I once won an easter egg decoration competition in 1992.

Also, I'm the Creator of Life, the Universe and Everything. And God to boot.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Finished High School; trying to figure out what I want to do next.
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

I'm a Junior in high school. I plan on becoming a Navy lawyer, then running for either Senator or Representitave in California, depending on my age. I mostly play wargames and PC games in my spare time, but I enjoy lots of things.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penguenia
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

The Mindset wrote:Oh, you meant jobs and stuff? In that case:

I work under my uncle as part of the artistic direction team of a medium-sized computer game development company based in Glasgow. I do it because it's huge fun, and I intend to take a formal degree course next year in games development, thus it is also great work experience. As some of you know, we were working on a large-scale MMORPG system/engine in which characters could do almost anything you could do in real life. However, the company has recently encountered financial difficulties, and we're working overtime attempting to finish as much as the engine and game as possible so the company may auction off the source to pay debts.

I currently attend college, studying Philosophy, Physics and Mathematics. I enjoy programming, and currently have a number of side projects, including an isometric game engine written in java intended for mobile-phone display. Since you all seem to be bragging about your awards, I can say this: I once won an easter egg decoration competition in 1992.

Also, I'm the Creator of Life, the Universe and Everything. And God to boot.
The dolphins told me to tell you thanks for all the fish.
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
The Emperor Fenix
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by The Emperor Fenix »

LOL - i have won nothing (O.o within the two weeks span of my memory) i do nothing, i have no plans to do anything and i take a realistic view of what can be achieved in life. :D thus is life.
"Fight? I cannot. I do not care if I live of die, so long as I can rest."