TFU's pop... 2trillion?????

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Crossman
ESUS Teletubby Fan

TFU's pop... 2trillion?????

Post by Crossman »

http://forums2.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=381219

^ TFU's latest thread about his economy. He says he roleplays a 2trillion+ population. I always thought we're supposed to use our actual nation's pop. I am wrong? Is it okay for us space nations to say we have much larger pops than it says on the site?

Just thought I'd bring it up.
When life hands you lemons, throw them back screaming, "I said LIMES dammit!!!"

Member:
ESUS
NWO
GAPTS (Founding Member)
The Emperor Fenix
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by The Emperor Fenix »

He's trying to be the federation... so i assume that most of his worlds would be filled with perfectly peaceful member states within his nation... how the federation looked like it was. I dont think (hopes) he's about to pull out 2 billion attack ships to go with it...

If i hear a single OMFG!!!!1 flame out of anyone of you you'll get an evil stare.
"Fight? I cannot. I do not care if I live of die, so long as I can rest."
Crossman
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Crossman »

Well, he did say that he doesn't use the pop to make omg uber-fleets. I just didn't realize we could RP our population.

Member:
ESUS
NWO
GAPTS (Founding Member)
Crossman
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Crossman »

Crossman wrote:Well, he did say that he doesn't use the pop to make omg uber-fleets. I just didn't realize we could RP our population.
So.... I guess its time to add some more colonies to the Imperium. *fires up the scout probes*

Member:
ESUS
NWO
GAPTS (Founding Member)
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

Well, I RP as my population, but I don't always assume that it's the same for other people. I put the population down as a far more acceptable score in potential power.

For example.

A four billion population has a score of 4. This is the "could be the absolute superpower if they desired it and played it right."

three billion is a more conventional "great power, but still one of the most dangerous people to cross

2 billion is high end power, and getting to be more potentially serious

1 billion is an average nation

less than is a weak nation.

These are all potentials. A less than one billion could be stronger than a four billion if the four billion is absolutely pacifist, for example. That way, even if he has a million trillion people, TFU only ranks a 2.2, and will be treated as such. I rank myself in as a 1.8 (my actual stat), because I'm gearing more to my military now that the orbital construction is rounding off. Previously I'd have gone for 0.8. So, as you can see, my nation will always be close to his in the potential power ratings, no matter what he says his population is. It sounds needlessly complicated, it's actually very simple.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

Crossman wrote:Well, he did say that he doesn't use the pop to make omg uber-fleets. I just didn't realize we could RP our population.
You can, but it's wank. I'm all for freeform RP, but springing people out of nowhere is silly.
Penguenia
The Emperor Fenix
ESUS Teletubby Fan

I RP my population in a wierd way (suprised :D)

Commonly known as 2.7 billion
Technically officially 5 billion
In Secret about 5.0001 lol

Unbenknownst to anyone its about 5.0051 O.o

good eh :D

Note: 2.3 billion of my citizens are bound in a sort of coma
Quite technically every person that has ever died since the begining of the age is still around but i cant be arsed to work out how many that is.

and ive got another section of the empire to pull up in a while :D
DemonLordEnigma
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by DemonLordEnigma »

I found a way around the population issue. When I start a RP, it's frozen at the NS year I started it and uses the population and ships of that time. An example is the latest Cherry Ridge conflict, where my troops are just adjusting to their new abilities and are still using P3X40s (they were redesignated PL3X40s to reflect the alterations made after that conflict was over). My main fleet, however, is building and using DLEX60s and DLEMB10s.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

That is incredibly hilarious. Oh well, if he claims to have a budget of that, then his currency IS what Penguenia stated - 1 trillion TFU credits to one USD. Since no-one else wanks that badly, and hence no-one else has claims to values of money that large, all those credits are WORTHLESS to other nations.
The Emperor Fenix
ESUS Teletubby Fan

But if he is the federation he doesnt need to trade with other nations... use you brain.