NS Wiki, any good?

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Neo-Kalandria
ESUS Teletubby Fan

NS Wiki, any good?

Post by Neo-Kalandria »

I see no real use to it after having explored several members' page. I think a website just looks easier to use, not to mention people can't edit it or anything...

So which is better, wiki or webpage?
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

I like wiki, because HTML takes too long, and premade pages look crap.
Penguenia
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Both if you have the time. But webpage over Wiki, more stuff!
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

WP over Wiki, just take a look at mine template ya but its my own stuff (and soon i will be getting a paying acount so whooo only 12 pounds sterling (24 USD)
Five Civilized Nations
Mecha Maniac

Post by Five Civilized Nations »

I have two problems with NSWiki and Wiki.

The minor problem that I have with wiki is that it sometimes loads pages, very, very slowly even when I'm using a wireless or T1 connection...

The major problem is that I hate the Wiki code. I understand HTML and a little bit of Java, so Wiki is just so damned confusing... :x
Member of the ESUS
Former Member of the GDA
Founding Member of the IADF (Dissolved)

Member of the APTO
Member of the CAP

Member of the OPM
Member of NATO

Member of NWO
Member of the LoD

5CN on Wiki
Great services are not canceled by one act or by one single error."--Benjamin Disraeli
The Emperor Fenix
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by The Emperor Fenix »

WIKI Code O.o wheres the problem

Yeah WIKI is good... im gonna get aroudn to making my entry like a second generation entry any day soon :D
"Fight? I cannot. I do not care if I live of die, so long as I can rest."
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

I like the wiki because it's easy to link ideas together by simply placing brackets around it - no fiddly html, no fiddly setting up of a content management system. I also like how it's grouped together; you can search by categories over several nations. However, for more detailed governmental issues, a website is probably best.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Then again, I have sort of a bias for web pages, because
  • I have a copy of Dreamweaver - whatever you think of it, it sure does make things easier for me.
  • I know the right people and almost literally have subdomain offers oozing out of my ears - for free - and one of my hosts even included a nice little stat analyzer with it as well.
  • Thus, I also have a lot of experience building said pages which simplifies it even more.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}