CF's humility discussion (split from 50 billion TFU pop)

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

The Emperor Fenix wrote:Want to put that threat against Crassuss creations IC, im sure i could gather the NHA to come kill you deader than youve ever dreamed of.
Oh, it won't manifest itself ICly for some time. For one thing, my government hasn't even reformed yet. But when it does...

What's the NHA and how can they *possibly* kill my nation?
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Jangle Jangle Ridge
Pseudo-member

Post by Jangle Jangle Ridge »

Ok. I also like to notice that most of the demons left alive will be the really scary ones with guns and shit.
'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one' Albert Einstein, man of the big brain.

I'm the ESUS member most capable of ingesting a sock! Weeee!

ThePsychopathicOddling@gmail.com

CF is my saviour!
DemonLordEnigma
The Mindset's Bitch

Post by DemonLordEnigma »

Purging nonhumans? Then my people are safe. Despite them being a different species, most people dismiss them as overly tall humans and move on anyway.
The Emperor Fenix
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by The Emperor Fenix »

Non-Human-Union (i got it wrong alright) And if you even for one second believe your nation cannot be killed then you are just as bad as Sephrioth and US, in fact worse because your hypocritical on top of it. HAVE SOME HUMILITY YOU FREAKS.... virtues are after all virtues. There is no need to drop them just as soon as no-one knows who you are.
"Fight? I cannot. I do not care if I live of die, so long as I can rest."
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

The Emperor Fenix wrote:Non-Human-Union (i got it wrong alright) And if you even for one second believe your nation cannot be killed then you are just as bad as Sephrioth and US, in fact worse because your hypocritical on top of it. HAVE SOME HUMILITY YOU FREAKS.... virtues are after all virtues. There is no need to drop them just as soon as no-one knows who you are.
I have plenty of humility. For the past few months, my nation has been completely destroyed and enslaved by an evil alien race. I am quite willing to accept losses, I'm just saying that any military assault on me certainly isn't going to be a cakewalk.

Mind you, what we're arguing about (the annhilation or enslavement of the nonhuman halflings in TFU) won't happen until I've actually conquered TFU, an act which I'm not sure I'll even follow through on.

I'm just giving you a sample, a teaser if you will of my long range plans. Remember that my nation was nearly annhilated by aliens three times in its past, and that intense xenophobia will cloud the Empire's reactions.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
The Emperor Fenix
ESUS Teletubby Fan

You've lost to yourself or your freinds... remember your nation is weak no matter how strong it proves itself or you think it to be, you must always consider it weak OOC of course, IC your leaders can be as pompous and arrogant as hell. But humility patience politeness and sincerity are virtues a lot of people need to get a lot better at.
Mekanta
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Eternal Empire of
Name: Jordaxia

Post by Mekanta »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:Remember that my nation was nearly annhilated by aliens three times in its past, and that intense xenophobia will cloud the Empire's reactions.
Does the Neo-Mekantan war count under that?
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

The Emperor Fenix wrote:You've lost to yourself or your freinds... remember your nation is weak no matter how strong it proves itself or you think it to be, you must always consider it weak OOC of course, IC your leaders can be as pompous and arrogant as hell. But humility patience politeness and sincerity are virtues a lot of people need to get a lot better at.
And why exactly should I assume my nation is weak? (Ignoring the fact that right now, it IS weak.) I don't see why I need to learn patience, politeness, or sincerity. I already know these qualities of myself.

I admit that it seems as though I don't have a lot of humility, but when you're nation has been destroyed and is only beginning to throw off its chains of bondage and rebuild, you have a lot of pride in your work. I take this game very seriously, as I take my writing very seriously. I have lots of pride in the story that I'm weaving for my nation.

I have no problem with accepting defeat, but it has to be defeat against a worthy foe. A foe who outmatched me at strategy, tactics, or creativity. I will not accept defeat from someone whom's concept of tactics consists of "My ships park in one big group here and shoot torpedos at you. You die."

Frankly, you need to learn the value of discretion before acting snobbish. I made a mistake with phrasing, but you have made a major mistake with your character judgements.
Mekanta wrote:Does the Neo-Mekantan war count under that?
Nope. I guess that's four. But then again, the Neo-Mekantans didn't really count as xenos. More like evil tentacle robots. :wink:

I'm saving the machine crusade for a later time. :)
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

Penguenia
The Emperor Fenix
ESUS Teletubby Fan

I think quite honestly that, if we must stick to topic within this thread then it be closed as it not only serves no purpose, it is out of date and only makes me angry. I have made no mistake in charactr judgement one which is more subtle than you give me credit, your own phrasing in denial gives me confidence in my deciscion. This is however not the time or place to discuss such matters.