The ESUS Civil War: Retrospectives wanted

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

The ESUS Civil War: Retrospectives wanted

Post by Arizona Nova »

As you may have noticed, there has been significant movement sponsored by The Mindset and I towards archiving ESUS history. It's no coincidence that this has been corresponding with the IRON formation and the shanderigans elsewhere; I feel that we, as an alliance, need to be more proactive in documenting our history, so that we have things we can point to as examples of the alliance's IC existence to pimp slap BS with.

Which brings me to the topic of this thread. The conflict that was apparently begun on the old forums (whose backup, as you all have probably observed, has finally been merged with the live forums) that became the ESUS Civil War is largely lost to us, falling in between December of 2004 and September of 2005. I can remember part of my own participation, but it's hardly the whole, or even a sizable fraction, of that story. I need - we need - accounts of it from as many of the original participants as we can.

So post what you can remember in this thread, and talk with me; we need to set up a time in which I can "interview" you on this, and plumb the depths of everyone's memory on the matter.

EDIT: Though I should make it clear, I want retrospectives on the IC events, not the OOC things that may have been going on. I know there was some bad blood ere the end due to inactivity, and that doesn't need to be exhumed.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Re: The ESUS Civil War: Retrospectives wanted

Post by Trailers »

I joined the ESUS in September 2005. :/
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

I'd be glad to help
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

If I remember correctly, using our stealthed warships, the Sskiss were causing trouble by targeting Torontianian shipping. We were, at that time, a 'cats paw' for the Central Facehuggrian empire. We were on the side of the "traditionalists', I believe.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

I gathered several neutral nations together (not sure who anymore but Siesatia was one of them) to oppose both side and to stop the war. Our platform at that time was it was against the Constitution to have members fight (it was).
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Unified Worlds of
Name: Siesatia

Post by Siesatia »

Yup, I think we pissed off several people with that one. Unfortunately probably 90% of my files from that era (2004-2007) have been irrevicably lost due to the death of my hard drive in a car accident where my computer was not strapped down inside the trunk. (My own negligence, but the guy driving me is gonna sue the other driver for all sorts of craziness (Other driver was Drunk, driving on our side of the road, and it was witnessed by a police officer))
Dear god... No more 5 year old Signature...

Proud ESUS Member since '04
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

I know it's a little late, but seeing as I've been dithering in inactivity for the better part of 18 months now, I figure it's better late than never.

In going over some Torontonian History to help populate the map, I stumbled across the official Peace Negotiation threads. I know it was written by me, but it has a pretty comprehensive timeline of the Civil War, as well as the subsequent Peace Talks.

I figure it would be something to start on.

Also, go Torontonias! We're back and more Money-Mongering than ever. (Although not really, more to come on that someday)

http://www.esusalliance.co.uk/forums/vi ... .php?t=167
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Yeah, that was an Event to remember, too bad I had forgotten most of it until I read it again. So, it never officially ended. That could cause problems.

Joking...