Operation Guardian's Reach

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Re: Operation Guardian's Reach

Post by Sskiss »

The Fedral Union wrote:Hey sskiss, I assume everyone is seeing what you're seeing?
That depends. The station is huge, and i mean huge! Some of Rupil's ships were in the multi-kilometer range. They had to be serviced and maintained. You need one huge station to do that. I estimate the station to be in the tens of kilometers high and wide. Its big, very big.

Furthermore, we entered at different points. Kanuck arrived last, but like myself brought autonamous probes or drones. He also scanned it with his GRIDAR, but it apperently has limitations - I assume it isn't flawless. We probably see different parts of the station at this point. I'm also assuming at this point, taking everything into consideration, my people have so far covered the most ground. However, it is still a tiny fraction of the stations internal area.

I'm also assuming time-wise only several hours have passed. Half a day at the very most.

The Fedral Union wrote: Ie my folks are going to the computer core and the engineering section *coughs and bats at AN with a finger to post about the door* I'm wondering if its just in your area or all over the place?
It depends. What I'm certain, is that their is 'central this and central that' with auxillary nodes all over the place. However, they may have limitations in power or range etc... It up to Arizona Nova to decide.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Alright guys. It is now the 30th of September, and no IRON or Hermes player has contacted me about planning an attack on Rupil, aside from a Trailers tag; therefore, I believe it would be fair to assume that we succeeded in our construction efforts.

This doesn't mean the thread is OVER, simply that if IRON or Hermes approach the system and station, for any reason, it will be the completed defenses and refurbished Tfasset Rupil they see. Essentially, the "PVP" statute of limitations for the "construction" stage is over, and the RP is now progressing as a story RP.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

In terms of the station; I was assuming that Sskiss would be the one to trip the main power back on. Once that happens, the station's systems begin to power back on - including its automated defenses. It's going to lock down each section of the station, requiring you to hack or blow your way back out, while contending with defense drones. As well, Rupil mentioned factory units on the station, so their numbers are endless. Someone will need to proceed to the control center at the top of the station - the big saucer-looking bit at the very top - and wrest control of it.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

Arizona Nova wrote:In terms of the station; I was assuming that Sskiss would be the one to trip the main power back on. Once that happens, the station's systems begin to power back on - including its automated defenses. It's going to lock down each section of the station, requiring you to hack or blow your way back out, while contending with defense drones. As well, Rupil mentioned factory units on the station, so their numbers are endless. Someone will need to proceed to the control center at the top of the station - the big saucer-looking bit at the very top - and wrest control of it.
AN, I think we should just let the RP flow for now. We took a IC "detour" so maybe Kanuck or TFU had some chance to play catch up. Also, in my last post, we had detected another area, some sort of "command center". That saucer section might be it. Anyhow, we do have a backup plan in that if need be, we have additional assault landers and troops (all military) standing by if needed.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Arizona Nova wrote:Alright guys. It is now the 30th of September, and no IRON or Hermes player has contacted me about planning an attack on Rupil, aside from a Trailers tag; therefore, I believe it would be fair to assume that we succeeded in our construction efforts.

This doesn't mean the thread is OVER, simply that if IRON or Hermes approach the system and station, for any reason, it will be the completed defenses and refurbished Tfasset Rupil they see. Essentially, the "PVP" statute of limitations for the "construction" stage is over, and the RP is now progressing as a story RP.
Ouchies. War-Arcologies. Star Fortresses, RKKV kill-sats... On top of the Allanean teraton guns and whatever you added. Bastion is certainly going to live up to its name.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Arizona Nova wrote:Alright guys. It is now the 30th of September
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Poland :(
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Post by Allanea »

On top of the Allanean teraton guns and whatever you added.
The teraton guns, as I told Ani, are not the biggest guns.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Alright I even got it started for all of you. Anything you've built or towed in, add; if you can't format, info-dump and I'll do it for you. TFU thinks he smells Hermes skullduggery afoot, and I want to get this stuff up and polished as quickly as possible.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}