Operation Guardian's Reach

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Re: Operation Guardian's Reach

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

So it's an airless, lifeless planet? With the only interesting things maybe being old Rupil mining facilities, which may or may not be loaded to the brim with killer mining robots?
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:So it's an airless, lifeless planet? With the only interesting things maybe being old Rupil mining facilities, which may or may not be loaded to the brim with killer mining robots?
They are if you want them to be!

Like I said, if you want to make it even more interesting, go ahead; it's just my creativity well is a bit sapped lately. :P
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Arizona Nova wrote: They are if you want them to be!
Gotcha. Suddenly, killer mining robots erupting from the ground! Millions of them!

After all, if IRON/HERMES aren't going to show up, I might as well get my jollies beating up on murderous AI mining droids.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Eh, personally I find it kinda lame to just slaughter NPCs created to as fodder - shadow boxing - but whatever floats yer boat.

I take it the same situation holds for the station?
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Kanuckistan wrote:shadow boxing
It sucks, and all threads I started with this died eventually. Once I tried convincing someone to take control of Global State, but who would care about a 99.99% Hard Sci-fi Space War that'd last thousands of years in NS? Because of this, that thread about the Eternal War died prematurely.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Kanuckistan wrote:Eh, personally I find it kinda lame to just slaughter NPCs created to as fodder - shadow boxing - but whatever floats yer boat.

It's either that or a one post "And then we built a whole bunch of defense guns onto the planet." type thing. Not all that interesting.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Kanuckistan wrote:Eh, personally I find it kinda lame to just slaughter NPCs created to as fodder - shadow boxing - but whatever floats yer boat.

Well if you have a more exciting plan, I'm sure we could factor it in. CF and TFU seem to be the ones taking the lead in their areas; I'll offer fire support but for the most part Mars is keeping one eye open for attack on the system. Seeing as now we're at our most vulnerable there, this is when it's most likely that IRON or Hermes forces, or anyone for that matter, will stage an attack.

As is, you've picked the station at least. That's got the most going for it in terms of traps and defenses to disarm; not at first, but once Sskiss switches the power back on, it's going to get hairy. I will RP the defenses and surroundings there; expect a post tomorrow.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

AN, I should post today or tommorow at the latest. I am concened however, in that I do not want this RP rushed. A lull between posts helps each player take time to rest and to think up better ideas and hence, better posts.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Sskiss wrote:AN, I should post today or tommorow at the latest. I am concened however, in that I do not want this RP rushed. A lull between posts helps each player take time to rest and to think up better ideas and hence, better posts.
That's alright Sskiss, take your time. I need to make an "atmospherics" post first.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

Posted, looks good too. You get a feeling for it all.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"