Operation Guardian's Reach

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
The Fedral Union
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Terran Alliance
Name: The United Terran Alliance

Re: Operation Guardian's Reach

Post by The Fedral Union »

*blinks* Hey sskiss, can you point to me the exact lines were I meta-gamed? Or explain to me how I am a bit confused.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

You ASSUMED where I was not - in time and space relative to you. Do you understand? Do not do that! You can comment on events past, but not on future, or rather supposed future events.

That's metagaming.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Sskiss wrote:You ASSUMED where I as not in time and place relative to you. Do not do that! You can comment on events past, but not on future, or rather supposed future events.

That's metagaming.
Sskiss, can you point out where he made that assumption? I'm a bit confused too. You can link to the posts by clicking on the Image at the top of the post, then copying the address that comes up in the address bar, or you can copy and paste what it is that you're objecting to.

I want to get any foundational issues resolved ASAP so they don't blow up later on.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Sskiss »

Very well. You will note the excerpt below.

"Computer send a copy of this transmission to the Sskiss ships if they want to come to assist also tell them to hang back until we sweep the area for traps.~"

It explicidly states a condition that one - he arrived first and two, we are operating (or going to operate) in the same area or entry point into the station.

I think I made my point.

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Sskiss wrote:Very well. You will not the excerpt below.

"Computer send a copy of this transmission to the Sskiss ships if they want to come to assist also tell them to hang back until we sweep the area for traps.~"

It explicidly states a condition that one - he arrived first and two, we are operating (or going to operate) in the same area or entry point into the station.

I think I made my point.
Looking at that, I'm not so sure, personally. His character sounds like he could just be misinformed. It would be godmodding if he said, OOCly, that you weren't on the station yet, or were stating your position, again, OOCly, and metagaming is more if you use OOC casus for IC belli. You could resolve the matter by just sending a reply transmission IC saying you're already on and scouting a seperate section of the station. Just a little confusion, overall. :)

No need to get defensive here. I know some of you might be wary of RPing with TFU, but I'd like to consider this a trial run for him; a way to prove he has improved (aside from passing the RP test, which I think would be a good indication to begin with).
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

There's also the fact that, if you post first, you can't comment on, or react to, the actions the other guy is going to make in his 'parallel' post, only what he's already posted.

Either he can respond to/reference you as you were as of your last post, or he can make assumptions(which is godmodding), or all he can post are nebulous attempts and if/then potential actions.

As such, from the point of practicality, assuming that post first=act first - atleast by default, unless you want to specifically contest an action, say, interrupt a speech - is almost a necessity at times if you want to make a post of any substance.

Afterall, in landing as you did, you assumed I didn't, for example, race ahead of you and block access to whatever landing bay you tried to land at, on the chance you knew something I didn't and thus deciding to preemptively claim-jump. Or, as mentioned above - even just making a speech assumes noone will interrupt you halfway in, be it in general or based on the contents of that speech, so you have to act based on what is already posted and then resolve any conflicts afterwards. Heck, that goes for any action!

See what I mean? You can either make assumptions based on what is already posted, as TFU did, or everyone has to post 'I attempt to do X', befor anyone can actually do anything.

(besides, it sounds like he's inviting you to join him, and requesting that, if you want to do so, you wait until they sweep their landing zone for traps. It only assumes you haven't already landed in the same place as he has)
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

I swear I'll get an "NPC" post establishing the aesthetics (or lack thereof) of the station up tonight. I may have overstretched myself with all the parallel roleplays :gonk:
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Sskiss »

take your time, AN, no rush.

Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

A post, hopefully it helps. Not sure if you're on the station yet or not, Kanuck, apologies if I messed up.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

No, I've just been busy iRL.

But I do want to know if there are any windows befor I catch up.

KAG don't trust doors, and I'd rather not come in through a wall - never know what vitals or volatiles might be hidden within that GRIDAR mass-density mapping might not catch.