50%

Total votes: 10

Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Greater Commonwealth / Puppet Alliance

Post by Kostemetsia »

I have two thoughts. Firstly, I want my e-peen to be larger. Secondly, there are a bunch of RP puppets out there - don't deny a bunch of you have them - which are too small to defend themselves against, say, the more vicious Hermes or IRON factions, and need protection.

As such, I propose a confederation around my ego. Members become provinces of the Commonwealth of Kostemetsia, submit to the directives of the Sovereign and Parliament (to a degree), and fly the Kostemetsian battlejack on field ops. In return, members can call upon the Commonwealth Interdict Forces - my military, which is fairly large compared to most puppet militaries.

Consider it an alliance, except more sovereignty-restricting. Instead of an alliance Senate, there's the Kostemetsian Parliament - if you want, you can take part in it by electing to RP whichever MPs follow your national policy the closest. Instead of an alliance military treaty, there's the simple fact that as a Kostemetsian territory your puppet gets Kostemetsian protection.

Secession would be easy, since the entire point of this confederation would be to sponsor puppet states and talented small states until they reached a reasonable size.

Any ideas? Reasons why it wouldn't work, apart from the whole loss of national identity thing?
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Re: Greater Commonwealth / Puppet Alliance

Post by Kanuckistan »

Our puppets would, atleast by apearances, become part of, or atleast direct aid to, your nation.

We are allied.

You helping anyone who's puppet was a part of this would, functionally, be committing pupper-wank.

Not that I have any active puppets - I have been toying with some ideas for an(essentially 3rd-world) MT puppet, but just haven't had the time to follow through with them.
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Post by Allanea »

I don't really mind this. Should I join with one of my puppets, like maybe Free Bajor?
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot

Post by Kostemetsia »

Allanea, sure, feel free, go ahead. Free Bajor will become slightly less free as a Commonwealth possession, I must warn you - but only as per the initial proposal above.

Kanuck, I thought puppetwank was when you used a mass of your own puppets to support yourself. This would virtually be an alliance, except ICly it would be the nation of Kostemetsia - that's not puppetwank, afaik. I could be ENTIRELY wrong.
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

The puppet wank concern comes from the puppets, supporting you, and you supporting your allies, who own the puppets.

Also, say, I had a puppet join, then my main got into a war, and you joined to help me. My puppet would almost certainly get dragged in, on my own side of the war.

Now, I'm not saying it couldn't be handled properly and fairly, but NS is, on the balance, in large part about perceptions, and from what I've seen people tend to jump on anything that looks like puppetwank. It could be a real headache for anyone involved, if/when it comes up.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

This makes sense for players like Nobuseri/Kressh who join, get bored, want to change up the concept of their nation but then don't feel comfortably using the original nation, and make a new one.

For most ESUS players, though, not so much. I never use puppets for roleplay, just UN skullduggery and the like.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Poland does not need and outrightly refuses the protection of Barney dinosaurs, regardless of how they call themselves.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Solar Communes wrote:Poland does not need and outrightly refuses the protection of Barney dinosaurs, regardless of how they call themselves.
On that note, I swear I'll get a post up today >_>
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot

Post by Kostemetsia »

Solar Communes wrote:Poland does not need and outrightly refuses the protection of Barney dinosaurs, regardless of how they call themselves.
... I hate you, Solar, go die in a fire.
[center]Image
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot

Post by Kostemetsia »

Allanea wrote:I don't really mind this. Should I join with one of my puppets, like maybe Free Bajor?
Mind if I put up a news article glorifying / criticising myself for absorbing Free Bajor?
[center]Image