A fairly benign suggestion

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

A fairly benign suggestion

Post by The Mindset »

To counter Bryn's irritating opinion that the ESUS does not roleplay outside of these forums, I'd suggest that if you have a thread that involves more than one ESUS member, insert "ATTN:ESUS" in the topic title. Poops.
The Fedral Union
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Terran Alliance
Name: The United Terran Alliance

Re: A fairly benign suggestion

Post by The Fedral Union »

Or we could not acknowledge his delusions have any merit at all. He might get the feeling he can influence us if we do this. If we really wanna get back at him Just send me to every thread he happens to take interest in. He'll run like a little pansy with his tail between his legs.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

The Fedral Union wrote:Or we could not acknowledge his delusions have any merit at all. He might get the feeling he can influence us if we do this.
I find myself agreeing with TFU. Why should we care what Bryn Shander thinks of us? Does it really matter? Before this whole thing started, I had no idea who Bryn Shander even was. His effect upon galactic politics is negligible as far as I can tell.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Post by Kostemetsia »

I'm with Mindset. We should react to Bryn Shander, because there is a large and growing chance that he'll become a massive influence on the incoming newbies if we don't intervene.
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Post by Allanea »

The apocalypse is nigh.

I agree with TFU.
The Fedral Union
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Terran Alliance
Name: The United Terran Alliance

Post by The Fedral Union »

Kostemetsia wrote:I'm with Mindset. We should react to Bryn Shander, because there is a large and growing chance that he'll become a massive influence on the incoming newbies if we don't intervene.
^^^^
I should point out, that with his history it's doubtful he would last long. Look, honestly the best way to shut him up is to just RP. We shouldn't do anything special due to him. Hes bellow us, just have fun he'll go away when he has no one to play with.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

How about a combination of both. Do not mark Threads ATT ESUS unless it is an ESUS Thread, the normal unchanged method. Any Thread with two or more ESUS members should be placed within a list and said list be published as proof/reply in the Thread he made the claim. We could even justify it as any thread by an ESUS Member if you wish, it still shows members are active.

The reason for this suggestion is he made a claim and the proper way to debate is to reply with proof he is wrong, not changing things in the future.

You can take any Thread I have been in for whatever length of time you feel appropriate for the proof needed. Just do a search for my Threads or we all can and post them here for you if you want.

You could also supply a list of members and tell him to do his own searches before he posts before making false claims. This way, the people that saw his post also see the member list and can see for themselves we have active players.
Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Post by Derscon »

The Fedral Union wrote:Or we could not acknowledge his delusions have any merit at all. He might get the feeling he can influence us if we do this. If we really wanna get back at him Just send me to every thread he happens to take interest in. He'll run like a little pansy with his tail between his legs.
I agree with the first part of what Rob here says. It's really not worth it, because if you do anything, he will take it as a victory.

I don't agree with the second part, though. That's just poor form, and would lower yourself to Bryn's level.
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Yes, that is stalking and trolling and the Mods can take actions which would give both the ESUS a bad name and Bryn amunition to use against the alliance.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

So on a semi-related note, where do we fall, both OOCly and ICly, on a hypothetical IRON/HERMES war? Do we support one side? Neither? Either? Do we let them bludgeon themselves to weakness and then ensl- erm, liberate them?

From reading their threads, I strongly suspect they'll come to blows sooner or later, and it'd be nice to know where we stand on that, both OOCly and ICly.

IRON did give us trade concessions by allowing us freedom from their blockades.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."