Little idea here

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
The Fedral Union
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Terran Alliance
Name: The United Terran Alliance

Little idea here

Post by The Fedral Union »

So I was thinking, I was going to post a MEGA news thread were everyone can post events and articles relevant to their nations. This also could be used to report progress on national projects or research and such. Now it will be up to the individual nations of course to post their own stuff, but I think this idea might fly. It could also be a place were one can post "investigative" reports on people (This is all IC), perhaps raise doubts about Hermes or anything else.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Re: Little idea here

Post by Balrogga »

We already have a Newsfeed Link at the top of each page on these boards, right between the WIKI and the Map links. Mindset disabled the tickertape feed a while back to do some work on it but I think he will still let us post on the Newsfeed but you better ask first.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

I think the point is to have one on NationStates. I doubt many people drop by this forum to find out our news. Besides, nobody has used the newsfeed since the ticker went down.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
The Fedral Union
ESUS Teletubby Fan

^^^
What AN said. ESUS forums from what I remember are closed to the general public so even if it was up they couldn't see it.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

The Fedral Union wrote:So I was thinking, I was going to post a MEGA news thread were everyone can post events and articles relevant to their nations. This also could be used to report progress on national projects or research and such. Now it will be up to the individual nations of course to post their own stuff, but I think this idea might fly. It could also be a place were one can post "investigative" reports on people (This is all IC), perhaps raise doubts about Hermes or anything else.

You never stated it was on the NS forums so I thought you meant here...
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Wouldn't it be better to just have someone make their own press release thread whenever they need to do a press release? It's a lot easier to RP in a thread like that then some massive 80 page thread filled with news entries that are irrelevant to any given RP.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:Wouldn't it be better to just have someone make their own press release thread whenever they need to do a press release? It's a lot easier to RP in a thread like that then some massive 80 page thread filled with news entries that are irrelevant to any given RP.
This one speaks the truth!
This won't end well.
The Fedral Union
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Well there's no reason why they can't post their own threads and just link it up with the main thread, that way people don't have to go running around finding news reports or announcements. It would be like a database of news-services.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

The thing about news is that most of the time, it's time sensitive. Nobody's going to read news that's outdated. So why bother to keep track of it?
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
The Fedral Union
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Its more of documenting events to shape your history or tech development. I am not going to sit here rping every single advancement my nation makes, how ever I will have my news services announce starting research or finishing research or construction on something. That way there is still an ic documentation of doing something with out the large amounts of writing in a research thread. Plus its good for posterity, some one might want to know what made a nation the way it is with out reading through Massive threads. Ie like a summery from a mass media report in said nations.