Research Facility Idea proposed

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Research Facility Idea proposed

Post by Balrogga »

I propose members of the ESUS set up a research facility to combine aspects of their technology. This facility would be used to build weapon concepts and other technological merging of our tech bases. Any member who contributes would have access to the rewards of the facility. Of course participation would be strictly voluntary. Nations participating would help defend it in the case it is attacked.

What are your ideas on this? It would be a visable aspect of the ESUS alliance members being active and give us a reason to RP together.
The Fedral Union
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Terran Alliance
Name: The United Terran Alliance

Re: Research Facility Idea proposed

Post by The Fedral Union »

Honestly I think this is a good idea, it would one, show that we are active two build back-round on our techs and three offer a good character rp between researchers and staff.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

It's a very good idea, but the question remains; where would we build it? :lol:
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Arizona Nova wrote:It's a very good idea, but the question remains; where would we build it? :lol:
A seperate artificial reality bubble created to run the most dangerous and high-energy experiments, lest we blow up the universe.

Obviously.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
The Fedral Union
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Terran Alliance
Name: The United Terran Alliance

Post by The Fedral Union »

My people would be the most likely candidates to preform wacky experiments. :banana:
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

The Fedral Union wrote:My people would be the most likely candidates to preform wacky experiments. :banana:
Wacky in the sense of "You're mad! You've created a bikini that dissolves in water!" or wacky in the sense of "Mein Gott, man! You're trying to blow up the ocean!"?
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

I was thinking of setting up a system where nobody "owned" it but the people of The Institute "shared" it as well as the responsibility of protecting it. It could be an avenue to share technology you wished to share but we would not get any of your tech specifically unless you personally allowed this. There will be no tech stealing but those participating could gain access to the products.

I am viewing this as a Role Play opportunity and an IC way to work with other members on projects. We can set up different types of labs for the different areas of experimentation. Particle Physics, Viral, High Energy Weapons, Defense Systems, Cloning, Chemical, Basket Weaving, ect...
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Some concepts will collide into a total cascade failure reaction that'll implode the universe. Some "Soft Sci-fi" ideas may end as mutually exclusive because one negates the other. Same with Almost Hard Sci-fi. Also, I propose a photoshop with Albert Einstein facepalming as the logotype :)

One more thing. I'd be willing to go with this in a more supernatural/conspiracy sense. Researches of occultism, ancient civilizations, UFOs that rape as many physical laws as Mekanta etc. Because like I once putted, Solarians discovered a mean of opening permanent gates to a random Hellish realm that involves satanic rituals, but they'd rather not mess with such sort of stuff, at least not most of them. :twisted:

Also, there is a frozen body of a blue-skinned humanoid alien in Solar Communes that has been mostly forgotten, but that's for another time.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Well, the facility is to provide a place in NS to allow people to do research and development. If you and another like-minded player (on the topic of Hard vs Soft scifi) want to RP, then you can engage in your RP. If you want nothing to do with it then you don't even have to step aboard the place. It is strictly volunteer.

It is a place where characters can RP together from the ESUS. Consider it a setting if you wish. If you don't want my tech you can just interact with us in the halls or the rec areas. If you want to research with me there are departments to support the RP.

Know what I mean?
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Post by Allanea »

One more thing. I'd be willing to go with this in a more supernatural/conspiracy sense. Researches of occultism, ancient civilizations, UFOs that rape as many physical laws as Mekanta etc. Because like I once putted, Solarians discovered a mean of opening permanent gates to a random Hellish realm that involves satanic rituals, but they'd rather not mess with such sort of stuff, at least not most of them. :twisted:
Have you, too, been reading SCP?