General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

It has begun!

Post by Arizona Nova »

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21430

The Symposium on Science of Nations has begun!
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Re: It has begun!

Post by Kostemetsia »

Interesting. Care to expound?
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

This is a different kind of RP; a character RP, but focused less on the important politicians and public figures as the academics and whatnot (although there is nothing precluding an academic dabbling in politics). Either way, the intent is for people to RP individuals they may not otherwise have opportunities to RP; or perhaps stretch a little by getting away from the beaten path of king/presidents/generals. The event is a symposium where interested parties will discuss the Science of Nations, specifically the breakdown of "subspecialties" (i.e., the divisions within the technical specialties of Materials Engineering, Alteration, et al).

To indicate your wish to join, post a bio of your character. Use this template, and add to it, as you wish:

Name of Attendee:
Nation/Organization:
Species: (for unusual species, include a brief description)
Specialty/Concentration:
Appearance:
Character Bio:

Example:
Name of Attendee: Dr. Dacre Ambrogino Wieland
Nation/Organization: State Archives; Arizona Novanian Federation of Libraries and Archives; [nation]Arizona Nova[/nation]
Species: Homo sapiens
Specialty/Concentration: Archival science
Appearance: Article Link, picture link, or description
Character Bio: Dacre Ambrogino Wieland is a famous Arizona Novanian scholar and intellectual, author of An Inquiry into and Analysis of the Nature of the Science of Nations,as well as President of the Arizona Novanian Federation of Libraries and Archives, with a Ph.D. of Information Science. His other significant works include his Sacred History: Rise of the People for the Temporal Crusade; Monotheism in the Age of Atheism; Double Meanings: The Threat and Promise of Posthumanism; and Coping With Temporal Relativity in Information Science.

After one week from today (October 21, 2009), the thread will be closed to new applicants and the conference will begin. Please be ready if you plan to attend. Note that this does not mandate a "post rotation" for attendees; merely be ready to post arrival at that time, and then "pipe in" when you feel you have something to contribute. The symposium is, as I understand it, a fairly unstructured discussion between equals, thus it lends itself fairly well to freeform, casual RP.

As well, the standard restrictions against terrorists/death gods etc. If you can convince me otherwise I might be persuaded to budge; the plot need not be completely static, after all. Stay within reason, however.
:lol:

What am I missing?
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

I was the first to post an entry.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

Okay, I made my post. Its rather short, but then again, so is everyone elses.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

SESSION ONE HAS BEGUN!

As well, while I have been heartily entertained by the Supermarine Spitfire tangent, I would not have it completely derail the OOC thread here, but neither would I destroy it. Would it suit you gentlemen if I split it into the Spam forum as its own discussion? *shines monocle*
~Anikar

{Back Burner}