A World at War

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Naggeroth
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Empire of
Name: Naggeroth

Re: A World at War

Post by Naggeroth »

It can't be that hard to find a decent editor.
You'd think that. Apparently my luck is just that bad. I have the following issues;

Word 2007 has died.
Office XP Professional is not working correctly.
Notepad Refuses to Save.
I get to exactly 25% of Open Office.Org and the download slows to 0.1kb/s. This happens with no other program.

I have written a post; it is awful, and I wish it didn't exist; it has the first minor introduction to the Fleet's Commander and a poorly written summery/Arrival. Tomorrow I'll hopefully get Office XP working so I'll be able to do a proper response to your message of 'fuck off and die.'
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Post by Kostemetsia »

AngangangangHANG ON. Notepad refuses to save? Notepad?

Also, why the FOAD?
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Well, the main reason for wanting to offload them there is that it would be a temporary safe haven, and would allow the ship to go on about it's business without hauling around thousands of refugees(something it's not really equipped to do), or having to go too far out of their way(ie, the system was conveniently close). They'd hire someone, or have someone stay behind, to take care of them and get those who want to go home, or elsewhere, while helping those with nowhere to go figure out what to do with themselves, and get them on their feet. Those with physical or mental health issues would also be dealt with pending the arrival of a properly equipped Kanuckistani medical vessel, assuming the local facilities might not be up to the task(and if they are, the medical ship can always sell products and services).

Naturally, we'd be paying for everything, while quietly scolding your lack of charity and apparent hypocrisy. :P

The ship would nominally already be in-system when the attack came, with the former slaves already offloaded. OOCly, they mainly serve as a slightly novel pretext to justify the cruiser being there in the first place.