A World at War

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Naggeroth
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Empire of
Name: Naggeroth

Re: A World at War

Post by Naggeroth »

I apologies I've not posted. Word has decided that now would be a good time to shit-itself and die and my attempts to get a replacement system have been met with scorn by my internet. (In all Seriousness, I start downloading some word-program my internet slows down to 0.5kb/s, from about 25/50 normally.
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

Try Open Office, it shouldn't be too much of a strain.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

I use simple notepad....
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Sskiss wrote:I use simple notepad....

Likewise.

As for the thread, I don't really have any applicable nation concepts - maybe one of those suspiciously dangerous KAG cruisers could be in system?

Say, what's Kostemetsia's opinion on the slave trade?
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

Telros wrote:Try Open Office.
This! Do it!

Though my version lacks support for the formats that Microsoft spat out with Office 2007, like docx. I'm not sure if they've fixed that by now.
This won't end well.
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Post by Kostemetsia »

The Cerberus Alliance wrote:
Telros wrote:Try Open Office.
This! Do it!

Though my version lacks support for the formats that Microsoft spat out with Office 2007, like docx. I'm not sure if they've fixed that by now.
Not in my copy of OO.

.docx was probably thrown out to spite OO users. I mean, fark interoperability.
Kanuckistan wrote:Say, what's Kostemetsia's opinion on the slave trade?
A highly venomous one. Supporting slavery is considered hate speech. Outside of public context it'll either cause you to lose friends, or people who don't know you will beat you up.
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Kostemetsia wrote: A highly venomous one. Supporting slavery is considered hate speech. Outside of public context it'll either cause you to lose friends, or people who don't know you will beat you up.

Ah, good. So it would be a decent place for a KAG cruiser fresh from stomping slavers and pirates to drop off liberated slaves and hostages, then?

And maybe spend a few fabber cycles financing resupply while looking for their next job.

(well, so long as your people don't have a problem with privately owned capital ships in their systems)
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot

Post by Kostemetsia »

Hostages, perhaps. Liberated slaves? Fark 'em. We're those ideological types who never actually do anything unless you can convince us it's in our rational self-interest.

Of course, if said Kanuckistani cruiser does just drop these displaced people somewhere, I get to use a plot I've been wanting to use for ages, so it's all good.
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Kostemetsia wrote:Hostages, perhaps. Liberated slaves? Fark 'em. We're those ideological types who never actually do anything unless you can convince us it's in our rational self-interest.

Good PR is worth it's weight in gold. It would also help foster improved trade relations, and probably attract one of those really fancy Kanuckistani hospital ships to the system to check on them, and arrange transport home(or elsewhere) for those ex-slaves interested - all activity that would generate business in the local economy.

And of course, you have the ship itself, which should have a rather nice fabber suite; while it's there, it would be buying raw materials and turning out products that are locally in demand, so as to finance their endeavours, as well as the tourism prospects generated by idle crew on shore leave(tho I honestly don't know what size crew the ship will have yet - haven't had time to work anything up).

And if they can't disembark their passengers, they'll have to soon leave for somewhere they can.

Kostemetsia wrote: Of course, if said Kanuckistani cruiser does just drop these displaced people somewhere, I get to use a plot I've been wanting to use for ages, so it's all good.

Well, they're going to have to know the people they're dropping off will be in good hands, or they won't drop them off. That'd be a little self-defeating.
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot

Post by Kostemetsia »

I just can't see, for the life of me, why one would drop these liberated slaves off at Sakala - except for the fact that it's a good stopping point and trading post. To a greater extent even than Yelan, the capital, ships pass in and out of Sakala in massive volumes, and at very low prices. The entire liberated population interested in leaving the damn place would be out of there in days, and anyone with smarts could make massive money just by hanging around and learning the ropes.

Standard procedure, however, for a campaign like the one Ani is supposed to be doing :gonk: , would be to lock down the entire system on the initiation of hostilities, so the Kanuckistani cruiser and the liberated people present would likely constitute major powers in their own right. Perhaps if they were to form some sort of uneasy alliance with Kostemetsia, something could be arranged.

Ani, I need you to do something. Please. It can't be that hard to find a decent editor. :(
[center]Image