Gods and Things

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Gods and Things

Post by Derscon »

So, Auman and I were talking about Gods in-game, and how it would be cool to...well, actually, we were more razzing on each other for not posting in the one quasi-philosophical thread we're doing.

Anyway.

We were thinking of asking around to see how many other nations have RP-ed or psuedo-RPed gods/demigods/otherdivinebeings that they play with, and then trying to put them in a sort of loose NS Mythos, working together with cooperative parties, etc. We haven't thought too much about it (I'm still having the MSN convo, actually), but I figured I'd post a thread here to get your takes on the matter.

Also, if any of you immediately reject the idea because you see "Auman" in the post, you're a huge faggot and should GTFO the internets and kill yourself.
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
The Fedral Union
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Terran Alliance
Name: The United Terran Alliance

Re: Gods and Things

Post by The Fedral Union »

To be fair not many people can pull off rping gods, many people do it wrong it has to be done in a specific way.
Derscon
ESUS Spambot

Post by Derscon »

The Fedral Union wrote:To be fair not many people can pull off rping gods, many people do it wrong it has to be done in a specific way.
Not specific, just not retarded way. And you're right, not many can. But I think that, if we can get a group of good RPers with divine shenanigans, creating an NS Mythos would be pretty GAR.
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
The Fedral Union
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Terran Alliance
Name: The United Terran Alliance

Post by The Fedral Union »

I agree it would be pretty cool. It could work if as you said good rpers who know the limits of gods in rp are in on it. It would provide a rather interesting story at least, and would be good for posterity. What about AIs though that are god like? I mean the only thing I have that could be considered god like Is the W-brain but it can't directly affect the general universe so would that count?
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Post by Allanea »

You should talk to Melkor about this. He could be our Satan.
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Already made a pantheon and started emigrating to heaven kids.
Derscon
ESUS Spambot

Post by Derscon »

Allanea wrote:You should talk to Melkor about this. He could be our Satan.
Haha, not quite where I'm going with it, but yes.

Personally, I like the idea of having the pantheon, and yet still having no creator deity, not only for good storymaking (no RL mythology has such a setup, iirc) but to avoid stepping on established RP canon.

Although to call it a "pantheon" is a bit of a misnomer, I think. Mythos, sure, but I'm not sure how to treat it just yet. Still brainstorming. :)
Derscon
ESUS Spambot

Post by Derscon »

Arenumberg wrote:Already made a pantheon and started emigrating to heaven kids.
Full of elves; definitely gay
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Elf hate isnt edgy or cool. Which explains alot about you.

Anyway, you know what they say, he who tars wore the feathers first.
Derscon
ESUS Spambot

Post by Derscon »

Arenumberg wrote:Elf hate isnt edgy or cool. Which explains alot about you.

Anyway, you know what they say, he who tars wore the feathers first.
omg you can make a personal insult lol

And actually, I've never heard that phrase before. :3

Although nothing wrong with feathers <_<