Gods and Things

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Re: Gods and Things

Post by Kostemetsia »

Meh, I have the Greek gods and a few disgruntled Christian archangels. Those'll do fine.

By the way, Michael was the field commander of the Army of God. Ever wonder why the Army of God needed a commander? Or, for that matter, why there needed to be an Army of God? After all, he can perfectly well do everything himself. Why get unreliable human intermediaries?
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

I do have three gods, and they are my pantheon. The Three Ancestor Spirits, the Ancestor Triad, or just the Triad. Lerna, the Goddess of Light, Zhul the God of War, and Aeshyr, the God of Life. They are the three greatest heroes of the Dominion who died in a final climactic battle to save the Dominion and were mysteriously made gods who took the Telrosian people as their charges and have protected them. They have even interacted with the Telrosian people at large, although very sparingly over the Dominion's entire history. They don't like to intervene much, preferring to let them live as they always have. And it is theoretically possible that more Telrosian heroes could ascend to becoming gods the same way these three did.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

If the Sskiss possess a "god"* it would be the god of survival. We are basically a darwinistic lot...

* - As some of you know, the Sskiss possess no real concept of divine enitities or similar fluff.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Derscon wrote:
Arenumberg wrote:Elf hate isnt edgy or cool. Which explains alot about you.

Anyway, you know what they say, he who tars wore the feathers first.
omg you can make a personal insult lol

And actually, I've never heard that phrase before. :3

Although nothing wrong with feathers <_<
That would be because, I, being so awesome, made up a phrase that sounds perfectly legitimate.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

The Ta'Nar have yet to find a God. So far every one who claimed to be one was found to be killable. For this reason they are not religeous, it is silly to base one on a false god of any sort.

I even had a character kill the Geeral of Hell's Army, someone who was supposed to be immortal. I guess he proved Apollyon was not by stripping away his Immortal Coil and destroyed his mortal self. He currently possess Apollyon's coil as spoils of war, making him immortal. Yes, this was all done years ago ICly and at the suggestion of other players (part of a fantasy campaign for the White Tower).

Aside from that, the Ta'Nar do recognize the Multiverse itself can form avatars. They have been favored by BelDragos. The rest of the Avatar Family are Kintoun, Morte, Kymeri, Wrentia, Ubik, and Indigo. They are all based on a group of players from another website.
Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Post by Derscon »

Balrogga wrote:The Ta'Nar have yet to find a God. So far every one who claimed to be one was found to be killable. For this reason they are not religeous, it is silly to base one on a false god of any sort.

I even had a character kill the Geeral of Hell's Army, someone who was supposed to be immortal. I guess he proved Apollyon was not by stripping away his Immortal Coil and destroyed his mortal self. He currently possess Apollyon's coil as spoils of war, making him immortal. Yes, this was all done years ago ICly and at the suggestion of other players (part of a fantasy campaign for the White Tower).

Aside from that, the Ta'Nar do recognize the Multiverse itself can form avatars. They have been favored by BelDragos. The rest of the Avatar Family are Kintoun, Morte, Kymeri, Wrentia, Ubik, and Indigo. They are all based on a group of players from another website.
Cool story bro. That's not what this thread is about. I'm trying to get those characters who do have divine (in some respect) characters (evil divine being applicable, too) in order to form a pantheon. If you don't have gods, then don't participate. :P
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

You didn't get it.

The Avatars, the parts that make up the Supernatural part of the Multiverse itself, is the Source of those divine abilities the Gods claim. The Family (they do get along together even though they have opposition Spheres of Influence) is all part of the living Multiverse itself and are the aspects of those abilities.

Name Domain

BelDragos, Elder God of Magic
Kintoun, Elder God of Fate
Ubik, Elder God of Entropy
Morte, Elder God of Death
Wrentia, Elder God of War
Kymeri, Elder God of Creation
Indigo, Elder God of Energy

Each Avatar had their Domain and was opposed by another of their siblings but shared secondary domains with two others. This linked every Family member together so they had to act as one. The only difference was BelDragos, he was linked to all the others.

This was for the Arcanity forum site from several years ago. I imported them in as part of my background and used them in a couple RPs at the request of another player (Warhaven and his puppets).

Galvenor might also be considered to fall into your definition. He is the Ta’Nar that is immortal and General of Hell’s Army. When the King of Hell fell (again in an RP back in 2005), none replaced him so that would leave Galvenor in the sole position of Power, immortal, and with the military might of its armies behind him. He also has made acquaintances with the Blood God of Telros and had to resort to stopping the rape of the Cthuhlu Mythos (via Eternal Swarm) by visiting his brother (Yes, Cthuhlu does have a brother, Kthanid is in The Transition of Titus Crow) and convincing him to intervene in the mockery to end it (Telros was part of that RP). He does not claim the title of Deity but he has the abilities and is quite active and new on the scene (a couple centuries at the least).

Of course, all this only truely applies in my Nation unless any wish to let it wrap over into theirs.
Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Post by Derscon »

Oh, okay, I see what you did there. Interesting concept, actually, similar to what I was thinking of.
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

We do not believe in GODS as other races do but we know these supposed deities get their abilities from Avatars created by the Multiverse which is alive. Just to prove that there are none, Galvenor has become what many would consider one but he does not believe he is one, just a Ta'Nar in a unique situation and with an interesting life and a little black book that is gathering very unique contacts.
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Well, I have a god - former Prime Minister, ascended unwillingly to divine status over a few centuries by faith and the machinations of certain unnamed parties, then named God Emperor by popular acclaim. It's left him a somewhat traumatised recluse, but has resulted in a verifiable afterlife and helped unify the nation.

He's also in denial, and somewhat ironically, a firm believer in universal equality and the democratic process.

So not really suited for participation here, I think.

Balrogga wrote:We do not believe in GODS as other races do but we know these supposed deities get their abilities from Avatars created by the Multiverse which is alive.

You realise that, on the face of things, and irony aside, that's a clear-cut godmod, right? Insofar as you're trying to dictate how gods created by other players work?

Claiming 'this is my characters ICly think - it's not necessarily true' is fine. Otherwise you are, in effect, trying to force other players' creations into your paradigm, when that is their choice.

Of course, all this begs the question - just what is a god? The answer, AFAICT, seems rather subjective. I mean, in RL mythologies, gods have been killed, afterall, and iirc they're not always particularly impressive, just 'better than us' in some capacity, and generally more powerful.

(attempting to create rules or assign properties that define the multiverse as a whole is also irksome, and arguably godmodding, as it can be likewise be seen as an attempt, intentional or not, to limit other players - a player like solar communes, for example, might take exception to someone else trying to attribute supernatural/etc. properties to their semi-hard sci-fi back yard, even if it's strictly fluff and doesn't mean anything in actual RP terms.)