But seriously, Dragon Age: Origins.

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Re: But seriously, Dragon Age: Origins.

Post by Telros »

Spacebars don't come with Xbox controllers.

Hard is fine, but when my A.I. people are doing the same things we faced in older games, you'd have think they'd have fixed it by now.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Telros wrote:Spacebars don't come with Xbox controllers.

Hard is fine, but when my A.I. people are doing the same things we faced in older games, you'd have think they'd have fixed it by now.
Xbox. Xbox. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Ahem. The game was designed for the PC first and foremost.

That being said, surely you have a pause buttom somewhere?
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Telros »

Quiet you. Not all of us have the money or ability to get a computer with the specs for it. When I do and have the money for it, then I shall look into it. But until then, this will be it.

I don't think there is, but I will double check. All I see is a radial menu with all the options, talents, sustained talents, potions, spells, etc you can have. But you have to select the enemy before hand and THEN do it.

Not to mention the tactics menu overwhelms me. I hope to god I'm doing it right when I move the tactics around.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Wow. No spacebar pause, no tab highlighting of loot/interactable objects (codex entry triggers, quest triggers, etc etc etc?), and no mods on top of all that? You console folks really got screwed. :cry:

As for the tactics menu... It's a huge pain in the ass to get working even on the PC.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Telros »

We don't need tab; there is an option to have loot/codex stuff glittering to find it.

The radial menu can be maneuvered to select targets to do talents and such on but its a pain in the ass and works when it wants to. If you move it too much, it proceeds to grey everything out and you have to hurriedly get out of it and then bring it back to get it to work. A very haphazard way of doing it.

Not to mention I had to literally restart due to the fact that you can't delete CHARACTER PROFILES. Frigging idiocy. "Oh did you screw up and need to start over? Sorry, you can't delete it without deleting everything! HAHAHAHAH!"

Anyways, I had to restart also due to the fact I kept running into trouble where I had to use poultices a lot, with the tactics of my party members including it because otherwise they would die, and the stores don't replenish. I hear though that the dwarf guy in Denerim has infinite flasks, and the Dalish shop guy has infinite elfwood. If I power up Morrigan's Herbalism and get the recipes I need, I could have infinite poultices as long as I had gold to buy the flask and elfroot.

Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Or just get a healer.
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Telros »

Hey Aren, that isn't the answer. The healer doesn't always work due to the cool down time of the abilities.

Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Okay, well, people seem to be stacking mages all of whom have at least 1 heal spell which is lame, so good job on not doing that.
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Telros »

I've had Morrigan or my own mage have the healing ability but it can only do so much, especially with the mobs we face and the damned MAGES. *I swear I wish I could have a disembowel option for the Winter Frost spamming bastards*. That and I have almost too many choices with mages and I'm not sure what path to go down.

Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Telros wrote:Hey Aren, that isn't the answer. The healer doesn't always work due to the cool down time of the abilities.
A spirit healer mage like Wynne or the PC has enough abilities to heal a party. Heal + Groupheal + regen + life ward/cleansing aura = all your healing needs contained in one character.