But seriously, classic Mass Effect.

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

But seriously, classic Mass Effect.

Post by Kostemetsia »

Playing through Therum again right now. The lack of autosave points and the ridiculous perseverance needed to kill the Armature without a Mako cannon just makes me want to throw my controller at the screen. And that screen was expensive. ._.

I mean, christ, I have a level twenty character. You'd think it would be easier.
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Re: But seriously, classic Mass Effect.

Post by Arenumberg »

I remember when I somehow got the Mako through the place its not meant to go through and made everything far more easier than it was meant to be.
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

I am unable to play this amazing game since the game is broken and won't let me go into Flux, which is needed to finish the game.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Fallout 1 > Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer > The Witcher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mass Defect > ... > Oblivion

I hate dumbed down consolified games and fake RPGs that are totally railroaded and without any glimmer of choices and consequences, or of a character development system that has a level of complexity.

PS: Most Bioware games suck anyway.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

We get it, SC, you think most games today are simple games for retarded gamers. Good for you.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Post by Kostemetsia »

Solar Communes wrote:Fallout 1 > Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer > The Witcher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mass Defect > ... > Oblivion

I hate dumbed down consolified games and fake RPGs that are totally railroaded and without any glimmer of choices and consequences, or of a character development system that has a level of complexity.

PS: Most Bioware games suck anyway.
Says the man who has obviously never played Mass Effect in his life.
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Classic Mass Effect? Eh, I went with the PC version, because it's massively superior. The Mako is easier to use, the inventory system, while still bad, isn't as atrocious as the Xbox version, and we get BDTS free.

Now, ME is pretty good, but it's fairly railroaded and not particularly deep compared to other RPGs like The Witcher or DAO.

It gets major anti-win points for giving the illusion of choice. What do I mean? Several times in the game, you're given an option to say several different things, but in the end, the same damn thing comes out of your mouth no matter what you choose.

Eg: "What did you see, Shepherd?"

- Robots killing people.
- I don't know.
- A nightmare.

Choosing any of those gets you "I don't know. I saw synthetics, Geth, maybe, slaughtering people. Butchering them."

This sort of thing occurs several times in the game, and it's hugely frustrating.

On the plus side, some of the characters, in particular Wrex, are very cool.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Calling a 4 years old game classic is a contradiction anyway, because a true classic should still be remembered after 10, or perhaps even 20 years as gaming gets older. The golden age of gaming was in the late 1980s and in the 1990s, back when adding more bloom and soil erosion didn't ensue anything and there was a push to attempt innovating. It's ironic how gaming and entertainment media goes completely against the theoretics of business. According to theory a more competitive market requires greater innovation to stay ahead of the competition, but I suppose that it's a matter of target audience.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Isnt there another DLC for Mass Effect? Pinnacle Station or somesuch?

Also the bonus of PC gaming is the fact you can try before you buy, without renting.

Cough.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Arenumberg wrote:Isnt there another DLC for Mass Effect? Pinnacle Station or somesuch?
Yeah. It's notoriously bad.
Also the bonus of PC gaming is the fact you can try before you buy, without renting.

Cough.
Consoles can do that too, it's just a little harder.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."