Derscon is now a Linux User

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Derscon is now a Linux User

Post by Derscon »

And I have no fucking idea what I'm doing, and to be honest, it's kind of fun.

Granted, since I'm a pussy and technologically retarded, I went with Ubuntu, but still.

Any tips/things I should know?
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Re: Derscon is now a Linux User

Post by Otagia »

I'll pray for you.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Derscon
ESUS Spambot

Post by Derscon »

Otagia wrote:I'll pray for you.
I still have my Windows, though, until I get used to Ubuntu.
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Why?
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

The Mindset wrote:Why?
Masochism?
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Most of the games that had linux versions tended to have better performance in Linux because as long as you don't use KDE or GNOME Linux hogs far less resources than Winblows and has a better memory management system. Lately though, as I no longer have a shitty PC, I have lost the only logical reason to keep Linux: running Unreal Tournament and Neverwinter Nights 1 at better FPS rate than in Windows.

And there is the fact of greater stability as well. The primary reason I have forsaken linux is because most software and hardware developers don't care about a fraction of the market not having access to their products, and the lack of compatibility is staggering, while dealing with Wine just sucks and isn't 100% workable.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Derscon
ESUS Spambot

Post by Derscon »

The Mindset wrote:Why?
Honestly? Curiosity, and most of my friends are CompSci majors that peer pressured me into it and are like LOL LET ME HELP YOU.

But yeah, mostly for the lulz.