Solarian Ascent to Transcendence. Bye Bye "meatbags"

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Re: Solarian Ascent to Transcendence. Bye Bye "meatbags"

Post by Solar Communes »

Ascendancy? I don't thing they'd call it like that, more like "insurance against oblivion", so they would have a greater probability of not dying because as agnostics, they aren't sure about whether there is an afterlife or not(most believe it doesn't exist) and most of them don't really feel at ease with the idea of eventually dying due to an accident.

Of course, this leads to a circular logic that would nullify such desire to prevent at all ways possible the annihilation of one's self-awareness. Until they realize that... that's what is supposed to happen anyway.

And finally, not every one of them are going to become "incorporeal", some will stick to what they currently are by choice.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

The Fedral Union wrote:I don't see my people giving this much credit, in fact we don't even give bal much credit, "ascended" beings in our eyes icly seem to be a bunch of power brokers or attempts at power brokers (to whom we've invested a lot in making things to kill them in-case they decide to go nuts and attack). That being said good luck in your endeavor.
I love how you contradict yourself.
The Fedral Union
ESUS Teletubby Fan
Prefix: The Terran Alliance
Name: The United Terran Alliance

Post by The Fedral Union »

My Ic opinion =/= my ooc opinion.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

What I meant by that is you claim we don't matter but in the same sentence you claim to spend insane ammounts of funds in research to counter us incase we attack. That is the opposite ends of the spectrum, thus the contradiction.

SC, if you wish to incorperate your idea into an RP, the one you just entered would provide an avenue to open an IC dialogue.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Balrogga wrote:SC, if you wish to incorporate your idea into an RP, the one you just entered would provide an avenue to open an IC dialogue.
Well, the main character is someone who was arguing against a person he still suspects that is a doppelganger, and lost a battle in space against the dustpeople, still refusing to believe he became one of them. I'll have to be creative to make him lead to something greater, because ICly they just went there so his friend can prove him that she is not a doppelganger using him against his former allies in the civil war.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die