Where am I Failing?

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Where am I Failing?

Post by Solar Communes »

I mean, seriously, 9 out of 10 FT threads I start die due to the fact I'm the only person posting in them. What is really the reason why I can't seem to draw anybody's interest? Is it the lack of a more evident hook for others to get involved? I did some threads that were very easy threads to find a premise to get your NS involved into, and even them didn't get any post... it feels like a curse lol.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Re: Where am I Failing?

Post by Derscon »

tl;dr
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Derscon wrote:tl;dr
Should I start making cheap 5-lines long threads?

No wai

*Edit: OK, it's just the Decline of NationStates and the Rise of the Epic Fail, should've realized.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Post size tends to scare off some of the casual players since they are not here for more than a few short posts. I know that is bad but with school and short attention spans, it is a reality.

You might have to dumb it down so they think they can match your posts better.
Derscon
ESUS Spambot

Post by Derscon »

You're both retarded.

Postlength does not share a direct relationship with intelligence or quality. Even if there is a correlation at some points, they are not related in any significant sense.

When one is faced with a textwall the size of China's wall, one becomes discouraged and/or lazy. And, honestly, generally-speaking, textwalls in a for-fun RP setting tend to reek of Herbert Syndrome, and I just don't want to deal with that shit.

And Bal, you're wrong for thinking that shorter posts = "dumbing down." It's that attitude that makes people not want to RP. They see your textwalls, SC, and, not wanting to have to deal with that shit and/or are intimidated by it, they don't post.

I mean, you can sit up there and think yourself superior for writing tl;dr posts, but then, you must accept the consequences of the fact that very few wish to RP with you.
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

You're both retarded.
I've seen better attempts. I'm probably the hardest person to troll here :P

Actually, my writing style is predominantly beige prose. I rarely use many adjectives. My threads are "walls of texts" because I tend describe too many events and happening in a single post, rather because of fluff and purple prose.

I have a reason for it. Constant writer's blocks so I need to maximize the moments I'm not having them.
Derscon
ESUS Spambot

Post by Derscon »

Solar Communes wrote:
You're both retarded.
I've seen better attempts. I'm probably the hardest person to troll here :P
>Implying I'm trying to troll you.

Actually, my writing style is predominantly beige prose. I rarely use many adjectives. My threads are "walls of texts" because I tend describe too many events and happening in a single post, rather because of fluff and purple prose.

I have a reason for it. Constant writer's blocks so I need to maximize the moments I'm not having them.
My suggestion is, then, to type it all up in a word processor and go back and break it up into smaller posts. Even if you end up making longer sections of writing, breaking up into smaller posts makes it more accessible.
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

Yeah, I have to be honest, SC, I get intimidated with the large size and also the fact that your post is so detailed it tends to beat me over the head with its depth and I even have a hard time keeping track of what has happened over it. It's a great post, but with my schedule, I'd have to devote myself to only one thread to keep up and match your style.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Telros, I hope this doesn't mean this post won't get a reply, though.

Also, soon my schedule will make me post far less oftenly.
Derscon
ESUS Spambot

Post by Derscon »

Solar Communes wrote:Telros, I hope this doesn't mean this post won't get a reply, though.

Also, soon my schedule will make me post far less oftenly.
Even if you post right after another, making those post breaks keeps things manageable.