Continuing an Epic AAR in a Space 4x Game. Need your opinion

General debate and discussion. (OOC)

In which game should Space Poland seek galactic domination?

Master of Orion 1
No votes
Master of Orion 2
50%
Space Empires IV Gold
50%
Other (Post here)
No votes

Total votes: 2

Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Continuing an Epic AAR in a Space 4x Game. Need your opinion

Post by Solar Communes »

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... c&start=25

I'm going to continue this epic Let's Play thread into a 4x game to represent Poland's climb into an interstellar civilization and its transformation into Polish Worlds.

So?

Space Empires IV allows you to create a custom civilizations, so I could literally create a Terran faction named "Polish Worlds" and custom tailor it to how I envision the Space Poles. Read: by giving them enough disadvantages to make the game as challenging as playing Hearts of Iron 2 with Poland.

Master of Orion 1 is an epic Classic

Master of Orion 2 has more features, is a very good game too, but lacks a certain feel of the first that made it a true classic.

PS: I won't take Master of Orion 3 suggestions seriously
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Re: Continuing an Epic AAR in a Space 4x Game. Need your opinion

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Well, if a game called Master of Orion 3 actually existed and wasn't just a bad dream, I'd suggest that.

So I guess I'm going to suggest Galciv 2, since there's great potential for lulz. Failing that, SE IV sounds good.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

I dunno, but It feels like there is something lacking about GalCiv 2. Or maybe it is my "older games were better" mindset in effect again.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Solar Communes wrote:I dunno, but It feels like there is something lacking about GalCiv 2. Or maybe it is my "older games were better" mindset in effect again.
GC2 isn't nearly as good as MoO2/MoO, but it does have lots of stupid shit you can make fun of, which is exactly what you want for an LP.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:
Solar Communes wrote:I dunno, but It feels like there is something lacking about GalCiv 2. Or maybe it is my "older games were better" mindset in effect again.
GC2 isn't nearly as good as MoO2/MoO, but it does have lots of stupid shit you can make fun of, which is exactly what you want for an LP.
But it's real-time, isn't it? :(

Also, the game doesn't need to have obvious stupid shit. I know how to do lulz with subtler things like shortcomings of the AI, for example. Or combining inside jokes and memes with things like gaylove between Poland and Lithuania in Axis Powers Hetalia for generating wat.
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Er, No, Galactic Civilizations 1 + 2 are turn based.

2 Will allow you to make a custom civilization and assemble ship designs from custom parts, where-as 1 is a bit more limited in that regard.
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

Galactic Civilizations 2 is not any more real-time than Civilizations or Alpha Centauri.
This won't end well.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin

Solar Communes wrote: But it's real-time, isn't it? :(
No. Totally turn based.
Also, the game doesn't need to have obvious stupid shit. I know how to do lölz with subtler things like shortcomings of the AI, for example. Or combining inside jokes and memes with things like gaylove between Poland and Lithuania in Axis Powers Hetalia for generating wat.
Well, the AI is actually pretty good, assuming you're not playing on the lame settings where the AI gets nerfed.