Why is NS FT so FAIL?

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Why is NS FT so FAIL?

Post by Solar Communes »

I mean, why are 4 out of every 5 "popular" RP threads direct ripoffs from either the latest XBAWKS game with SciFi stuff that got 10/10 SECOND COMING OF CHRIST!!! "reviews" from bribed cocksucking game "journalists" or from the latest SciFi movie or SO FUCKING ORIGINAL?

It's so fucking stupid to rip off an entire idea from a game because a game is far more interactive in multiplayer requiring less effort and less time to have a greater amount of fun than what posting and writing canon rapes about games ensues and thus what's the point of doing something by wasting hours posting instead of playing it in a far more interactive game, wasting less time with it, that allows you to do the same?

This is like trying to sculpt a wheel out of hard rock instead of buying an already made one because it makes no sense to totally copypasta things you can already do in a far more structured and interactive media IMO, unless the gameplay is total shit but the atmosphere and plot is good.

I'm not saying that taking some elements from other media is autofail, only that I'm pissed at the "Cool, sounds like a carbon copy of the plot in -insert game here-, so I'm joining this thread just because of that" mindset that permeates many FT NSers and makes people attempting to go with something different fail at drawing enough interest.

My ideas, as always, they die because I'm not ripping off the latest mainstream fad in gaming.

And Clichethreads continue... then another newfag jumps on the bandwagon and the vicious cycle goes on.

So long, I'm dropping out of FT because it sucks balls without at least 30% of still around ESUS members in a thread.

PS: Do I need to give out names? I don't think so.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Re: Why is NS FT so FAIL?

Post by Derscon »

BAWW moar plz
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Derscon wrote:BAWW moar plz
Don't you agree?

I mean, look around NS? Do a quick search for all FT threads around. If there was an AI capable of reviewing written content in threads it would probably spew this:

9,000+ results found for "EPIC FAIL" heuristic analysis parameters
3000 results found for "SYMPTOMS OF MENTAL RETARDATION" heuristic analysis parameters
400 results found for "FAIL" heuristic analysis parameters
60 results found for "MEDIOCRE" heuristic analysis parameters
5 results found for "GOOD" heuristic analysis parameters
1 result found for "WIN" heuristic analysis parameters

ALSO ARIZONA NOVA COME BACK AND HELP US AGAINST THE CANCER THAT IS KILLING NS

NS SHITS GOLD PLATED DRIVER LICENSES WITH MUDKIP PHOTOS FAILING AT FAILING FAIL

I TRIED TO ESCAPE ELSEWHERE BUT MODERN TECH IS EVEN MORE FECAL BECAUSE IT IS LIKE A HUGE ELECTROTHERMAL-CHEMICAL DILDO OF STEEL FIRING 500 DICKMETRES APFSDS PENETRATORS MADE WITH EXTREEEME FAPPAGE TO PDF FILES FROM FAS.ORG THEN IF I JOIN THEIR THREADS THEY'LL WANT FOR ME TO POST ORBATS IT FEELS LIKE USING A PAPER AS A RAZOR IN MY BALLS AND READING IT MAKES MY EYES BLEED SO WHY BEHAVE LIKE A WANNABE CHAMPION JERK AND PLAY COMPETITIVELY WITH TL;DR IF YOU CAN DO IT IN A RTS THIS IS JUST SO STUPID I WONDER WHY I BOTHERED WITH NS LIKE I BOTHERED WITH A SHIT MMO BEFORE REALIZING IT WAS WASTEFUL AND UNFUN

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

*tears the CAPS LOCK key apart*

now, seriously, i think we should do something different to sparkle something in ns forums. i tried but being cursed with a natural trend to never draw anyone to my threads it failed. do you have any ideas
Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

Post by Allanea »

Don't you agree?
No. I don't. I'm enjoying my time in NS. If I weren't, I'd quit.
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

Didn't you make a rant similar to this one about NS MT a while back, SC?
This won't end well.
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

SC makes a post complaining about something every few days, the cycle is bound to overlap at some point.

Not that we dont love him for it.
Derscon
ESUS Spambot

Post by Derscon »

Allanea wrote:
Don't you agree?
No. I don't. I'm enjoying my time in NS. If I weren't, I'd quit.

This. I mean, I'm not active, but you being such a faggot about the whole thing, instead of, you know, actually making good threads that others want to post in, isn't helping NS. You're just being passive-aggressive, basically whining about how "NO ONE GOES IN MY SUPERDUPERAWESOMETHREADS BAWWW NS IS FAIL BC IT DOESN'T APPRECIATE MY MASTERY."

If you want participation, you have to make threads in which people are willing to participate. For you, that might mean adjusting your style to fit others. It doesn't have to be Halo 4, but there are folks out there willing to make a decent RP that would probably be willing to join an RP or two if you just shape it more to their liking.

NS has always been the way you described, basically (albeit you're more melodramatic about the whole thing). Cliques are formed and we stay within them to manage the sheer number of material and players.
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

*Edit: Wasn't it obvious enough I just did this thread for the lulz?

Anyway, problem is that most of us aren't active enough to start up a thread. Most above average threads in NS involve a small "country club" without their own offsite forums giving it a headstart. Not a big deal lolz I'm going back to play Risen, Hearts of Iron 2 and UFO: Enemy Unknown then. Cya.
Derscon
ESUS Spambot

Post by Derscon »

Solar Communes wrote:Image

*Edit: Wasn't it obvious enough I just did this thread for the lölz?
You Poe's Law'd yourself.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

I won't need

[youtube]YnX8QTVlluw[/youtube]

this

or this

in my threads.

Because I contacted someone through TG that are interested to participate in my first sign-up thread and I'll seek more people I have RPed with personally. Like it is said by ALLAHU AKBAR: If Mohammed will not go to the mountain, the mountain must come to Mohammed.

So yeah, big chance I'm "going with the flow". :P

*Edit: I needed something really ridiculous for a new avatar. So here it is.