Oblivion with guns

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Oblivion with guns

Post by Solar Communes »

So I happen to find myself with a copy of this shit piling dust just like I got Modern Warfare as a Xmas gift but personally I'd never buy it myself. I was bored enough to risk raging over the old shit that according to a certain more critical and less bribed reviewer, "it is nothing really outstanding or memorable, but it is good for what it is", but I need recommendations of mods that will make me rage less over how it raped Fallout canon and how it sucks, like:

1) Make most at least, and at best all NPCs, including children, killable. Considering the amount of retarded NPC dialogues, this should be handy.

2) Shift its gameplay further towards the FPS elements because as a RPG it'll Fail Forever regardless of how much modding is applied. I'm going to play it as a watered down S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

3) Replace the most stupid Supermutant Orc skins with something better.

4) Gives the choice to rape/mutilate/whatever Moira Brown besides the meh Ghoul thing.

It can't suck that bad as a First Person Shooter. At least I assume it'll not be as much of a piece of filler shit for cutscenes and gay sex scenes with xenos gameplay-wise as Mass Effect 2 is even if the story-side is full of stupid things and definitively worst than ME2 story. Being a sort of FPS enthusiast I can get with any mediocre shooter as long as it's not a totally handed down game where only a total idiot would find any challenge playing it.

In the next-gen shit, I have a higher tolerance for games that have totally stupid plots but so so gameplay that may be partly salvaged with mods than to interactive movies with filler gameplay between each chapter, that also happen to be unmoddable so perpetually Biowhore shit.

tl;dr

Decline of Solar Communes
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Re: Oblivion with guns

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Mods? Well, FOOK2 is a large compilation mod that endeavours to fix some of the more eregrious flaws in Bethesda's "immershun." It adds a lot of the old FO1 and 2 weapons back into the game (Wattz 1000 laser pistol, fuck yeah), and it also adds lore, explaining, for instance, where Talon Company got their high tech guns and armor from, how the Enclave got to the East Coast after the destruction of the oil rig, and other stuff like that.

Oh, and power armor is actually worth wearing now, and even includes night vision.

Of course, it also adds a shitload of non-setting compliant modern guns ala Tactics, so I doubt you'd enjoy that part. Still, they're all of uniformly high quality, and the guns are really the only lore-breaking additions in the mod.

Beyond that, Mart's Mutant Mod (MMM) changes how the wildlife of FO3 behaves (ex: dogs won't chase down a power armored player because they know they'd get killed), and also adds more critters, especially Geckos and Wanamingos from FO2. It also has something like a hundred new super mutant skins.

And it has options for more enemies per spawn point, as well as allowing interior cells to respawn, and allowing trade caravans to be tougher and able to survive the wasteland.

Basically, in my loadorder, the necessites are FOOK2, CASM, MMM, and WMK.

WMK being "weapon mod kits", or an in-game system for attaching various modifications to weapons, such as laser sights, scopes, extended magazines, and similar stuff. It's great fun.

For FPS gameplay, I'd suggest an ironsights mod like Alexscorpion's FPS sights or RH_Ironsights. Being able to look down the barrel of your gun is much more FPS-like and immersive.

Speaking of FPS-like mods, though I've not used it myself, Fallout Wanderers Edition (FWE) is supposed to make the game a lot more shooterific.

For utilities, get FOSE and CASM. FOSE makes a lot of the cooler mods functional, and CASM (Cipscis Automated Save Manager) lets you automate saving with much greater control than just hitting f5 over and over.

There's plenty of kill everyone and kill children mods on the nexus, so those should be easy to find.
It can't suck that bad as a First Person Shooter.
Hahahhahaa. You're in for a surprise.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:
Is it worse than I expect it to be?
Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Post by Telros »

Solar Communes wrote:So I happen to find myself with a copy of this shit piling dust just like I got Modern Warfare as a Xmas gift but personally I'd never buy it myself. I was bored enough to risk raging over the old shit that according to a certain more critical and less bribed reviewer, "it is nothing really outstanding or memorable, but it is good for what it is", but I need recommendations of mods that will make me rage less over how it raped Fallout canon and how it sucks, like:

1) Make most at least, and at best all NPCs, including children, killable. Considering the amount of retarded NPC dialogues, this should be handy.

2) Shift its gameplay further towards the FPS elements because as a RPG it'll Fail Forever regardless of how much modding is applied. I'm going to play it as a watered down S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

3) Replace the most stupid Supermutant Orc skins with something better.

4) Gives the choice to rape/mutilate/whatever Moira Brown besides the meh Ghoul thing.

It can't suck that bad as a First Person Shooter. At least I assume it'll not be as much of a piece of filler shit for cutscenes and gay sex scenes with xenos gameplay-wise as Mass Effect 2 is even if the story-side is full of stupid things and definitively worst than ME2 story. Being a sort of FPS enthusiast I can get with any mediocre shooter as long as it's not a totally handed down game where only a total idiot would find any challenge playing it.

In the next-gen shit, I have a higher tolerance for games that have totally stupid plots but so so gameplay that may be partly salvaged with mods than to interactive movies with filler gameplay between each chapter, that also happen to be unmoddable so perpetually Biowhore shit.

tl;dr

Decline of Solar Communes
"Somebody call the WAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE!"
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Solar Communes wrote:
Central Facehuggeria wrote:
Is it worse than I expect it to be?
Well, I suppose that depends on what you consider to be a mediocre FPS.

It's no STALKER, that's for sure.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Telros wrote:
"Somebody call the WAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE!"
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

This is my review.

6/10 - It is good for what it is(as seem above)
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

It may be a crappy RPG, but you can make it into a somewhat decent RTS.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7070

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Kostemetsia
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Commonwealth of
Name: Kostemetsia

Post by Kostemetsia »

Solar, you bitch about so much that I really couldn't give a damn what you think anymore. :P (Not entirely serious, but there is a lot of ambient bitching.)

As it happens, I have acquired ME2. It's a wonderful game.
[center]Image
God hasn't played dice with the universe since that fateful drunken night when he lost classical mechanics to the devil at craps.[/center]
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Kostemetsia wrote:Solar, you bitch about so much that I really couldn't give a damn what you think anymore. :P (Not entirely serious, but there is a lot of ambient bitching.)

As it happens, I have acquired ME2. It's a wonderful game.
I couldn't give a damn about what a purple dinosaur thinks too.