General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Re: Oblivion with guns

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Also...
Solar Communes wrote:4) Gives the choice to rape/mutilate/whatever Moira Brown besides the meh Ghoul thing.
What's wrong with Moira? She's cute (not in the "I'd like to rape that way" but the "d'awwwwww" way) and has one of the best quests in the game. (Not saying much, most of the quests suck, but still.)

But you CAN, without mods, crush her spirits and render her depressed for the rest of her life.

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Neo-Mekanta wrote:best quests in the game
Yes, it's possible to lie about achieving the stupid things through most of it, and I can't imagine someone with INT 8 accepting to do those things unless I was playing with a Malkavian, but that's another game(or maybe not *cough*goths in metro*cough*) . Still to test child-killing in Lamplight. So far I went into a tangential route. Of course that led to an early first encounter with Orks and other more interesting things than what following the quest compass retard beacon to the letter would ensue. During the early game ammunition was quite scarce(thanks to FWE), and even after it there are still several occasions when you'll have to pick the weapon that still has ammunition left. As a shooter it's OK, but during most of the game I just forgot it was supposed to be a sequel to one of the best CRPGs ever made instead of a sandbox FPS, which actually led me to ignore most of the idiocratic concepts except for the most ridiculous ones.

Also, why are most of the best games barely moddable, if at all? Trying to mod in Fallout, for example, is exemplified by the post-mortem of this abandoned project:

http://www.fanmadefallout.com/

While Neverwinter Nights, despite having a piece of shit as the OC, is loaded with several good modules(even though its toolset isn't really perfect) and because of that I admit I spent more time playing its modules than playing Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, even though those two are high on my list of most replayed games. Half-life 1 is pretty much an exception, being one of the best FPSes by itself while also being an excellent platform for mods.

For me, the most annoying thing with this game wasn't the stupid elements in NPCs, quests, plot and so on, but the empty vastness and vacuum of gameplay used as filler.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Now I've added the best mod ever:

InstallShield Wizard

I reached the point where repetitiveness, clumsy AI and lack of a good plot with real C&C eliminated any desire of going further and the game began to become just plain frustrating shit, banal, boring. Another one of the few games I never bothered finishing because they were either mediocre or just plain bad.

I don't see what fun people see in wasting time moving through total virtual emptiness. The combat was the only salvageable thing(with the right mods) in this game, but even it wasn't anything outstanding and fighting the same enemies over and over gets old. After playing it for a longer while, I'll guesstimate how the non-modded game is -

3/10: Unless you masturbate to your XBawks Achievements, don't bother with this game.

At least now I'm sure I'll not be missing anything if I totally ignore the new shit like New Vegas. Obsidian and Avellone also went into decline.

In the 22nd Century entertainment will involve people earning achievement awards for being able to say one coherent sentence in life and avoid peeing outside the toilet..

*Edit: Still got Risen and Prelude to Darkness to finish, both good games.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

I had to give proper closure to this thread.

[youtube]E29iOPSxF94[/youtube]