Antimetalliance

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Antimetalliance

Post by Derscon »

So, I'm more making this thread not for the ESUS as a whole, but those to whom I've already spoken.

I want to make an "alliance-within-an-alliance," of sorts. It's not REALLY another alliance or anything. Basically, a select few ESUS members that get along well ICly get together and "reaffirm" their obligations and, well, try to act more like an alliance. This "caucus" within the ESUS will be HQd in a country club in Derscon for obvious OOC lulz reasons.

My reasoning and purpose is as follows:
Due to my ejection from Hermes, I need a new "home alliance," so I figured, why not make it the ESUS? However, the ESUS as a -whole- is too big, diverse, and loose to be a reasonable home alliance. So I want to make an internal caucus within the alliance to, well, act like a real alliance. That's my goal for this organization.

In a purely administrative way, I'd "lead" this antimetalliance, but lead is a very strong word. I'd facilitate meetings, keep the HQ, etc, but since ICly it's not actually an alliance, I have no de jure authority and almost literally no de facto authority. I'd basically be the chair/spokesperson for the caucus, and that would be the extent of any de facto IC authority, which, as stated, is basically none.

The biggest IC key here, of course, is that it's not an alliance, but a "caucus," for lack of a better term, which means I can do one thing - restrict it to ESUS members only.

I am posting this here not only for my own documentation purposes, but to ask any of you if you have any desire to participate. I do not want that many people. Otherwise, there would be no point in doing this in the first place. There also needs to be at least a cordial IC relationship with everyone involved. Think of this as formalizing an IC "clique" within the ESUS. Sorry, Balrogga and Chronosia, that means you're out automatically. Just to clarify, this has nothing to do with OOC feelings - I actually like you both - but purely IC ones.

Allanea, Otagia, Telros, and Trailers, I've spoken with all of you and you all seem to be fine with what I've just described. I've also spoken to Morningstar Coalition and he, assuming his application is accepted, will also be willing to join up. That puts it at a total of six. I don't want too many more than that, but I figured I'd offer it up to any takers.

THE IC THREAD IS HERE

Current Invitees:

Allanea
Otagia
Telros
Trailers
Balrogga
Kost (You didn't ask, and I didn't ask you, but Trailers thought you might be interested)

Also, please send your Head of State, or cultural/political equivalent. :D I want this to be as country-clubbish as possible.

inb4 Bohemian Grove
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Re: Antimetalliance

Post by Balrogga »

*Lets one metaphysical tear fall and then calls Remiel and Minagoroshi to make plans to crash the party*

I wasn't aware I had bad relationships with Allanea, Otagia, Telros, or Trailers or yourself. At least two of those mentioned has asked me ICly to Uplift them...

I see how you are. Watch him boys, he is tricky. :D

I am going to get a lawyer and ask about a Discrimination against Immaterial Entities case...
Derscon
ESUS Spambot

Post by Derscon »

Balrogga wrote:*Lets one metaphysical tear fall and then calls Remiel and Minagoroshi to make plans to crash the party*

I wasn't aware I had bad relationships with Allanea, Otagia, Telros, or Trailers or yourself. At least two of those mentioned has asked me ICly to Uplift them...

I see how you are. Watch him boys, he is tricky. :D

I am going to get a lawyer and ask about a Discrimination against Immaterial Entities case...
Hahaha. The reason I say no to you is your rather dark history and, well, current relationship, with the Galactic Empire. I know Telros is a member, but he doesn't do as much as you. :P

'course, ICly, we're all on good terms, soo...

Lawyer yourself in, and I don't see why you couldn't be a part. :D
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Nah, I was just attempting to joke around.

Besides, if you let me in, then you would have to let Chon and Mek in too. Imagine the wages you would have to pay the Country Club staff to clean up after those two...
Derscon
ESUS Spambot

Post by Derscon »

Balrogga wrote:Nah, I was just attempting to joke around.

Besides, if you let me in, then you would have to let Chon and Mek in too. Imagine the wages you would have to pay the Country Club staff to clean up after those two...
I know you were, but I was actually unsure about telling you no in the first place.

And no, actually, I wouldn't have to let Chron and Mek in. Those two are certifiably evil. You're more neutral, and we're both made up of primarily immaterial entities (in your case, entirely so), so I'd have no problem with you around.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Actually the Ta'Nar are not Neutral, they are Inhuman.

The Ta'Nar were never human and did not develop their sense of morality. They hunt their Prey (Ta'Nar base stock being demon hunting five meter tall spiderlike creatures called Bebilith from AD&D) and view all creatures less than they are as Prey with some exception. These exceptions are those who are allies, those of some use, or those who are their experiments (better hope you are in the first group and most in the ESUS are).

Their term of endearment for most character races is Meatbag. This demonstrates their superority complex (they actually believe they are superior to everything) and really don't care for the ants of the universe. While some may consider this Evil, Neutral, or good, it does not matter to them, the Ta'Nar opinions are the only thing that does.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

It makes a great deal of sense that it is inevitable that certain members of any given group will form "clicks". As for my people, we have not had a great deal of contact with most of the powers listed by you Derscon. We have had some interactions with Allanea, but that's about it. We are, currently on a purely IC level, in a state of some "agitation" regarding Morningstar Coalition's desire to colonize star systems near Sskiss occupied space.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Derscon
ESUS Spambot

Post by Derscon »

Balrogga wrote:Actually the Ta'Nar are not Neutral, they are Inhuman.

The Ta'Nar were never human and did not develop their sense of morality. They hunt their Prey (Ta'Nar base stock being demon hunting five meter tall spiderlike creatures called Bebilith from AD&D) and view all creatures less than they are as Prey with some exception. These exceptions are those who are allies, those of some use, or those who are their experiments (better hope you are in the first group and most in the ESUS are).

Their term of endearment for most character races is Meatbag. This demonstrates their superority complex (they actually believe they are superior to everything) and really don't care for the ants of the universe. While some may consider this Evil, Neutral, or good, it does not matter to them, the Ta'Nar opinions are the only thing that does.
The mere fact that they are rational beings with a behavioral code means they have some sort of morality. Nice try, though. :P

The way you describe them, you RP as a bunch of Randian demigods. Enjoy your objectivism.
Derscon
ESUS Spambot

Post by Derscon »

Sskiss wrote:It makes a great deal of sense that it is inevitable that certain members of any given group will form "clicks". As for my people, we have not had a great deal of contact with most of the powers listed by you Derscon. We have had some interactions with Allanea, but that's about it. We are, currently on a purely IC level, in a state of some "agitation" regarding Morningstar Coalition's desire to colonize star systems near Sskiss occupied space.
Plus, you're a bunch of dinosaurs. :P
Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Seconded.
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell