Antimetalliance

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Re: Antimetalliance

Post by Balrogga »

Derscon wrote:
Balrogga wrote:~SNIP~
The mere fact that they are rational beings with a behavioral code means they have some sort of morality. Nice try, though. :P

The way you describe them, you RP as a bunch of Randian demigods. Enjoy your objectivism.

Those Morals you mentioned are not human centered values, they are Ta'Nar. By using your Human Standards to judge others you will inevitably decide other race's morals are not like humans because of cultural differences. Hell, we have trouble between human cultures, much less alien ones.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Derscon wrote: The way you describe them, you RP as a bunch of Randian demigods. Enjoy your objectivism.
The proper term is "Randroid."
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Post by Derscon »

Balrogga wrote:
Derscon wrote:
Balrogga wrote:~SNIP~
The mere fact that they are rational beings with a behavioral code means they have some sort of morality. Nice try, though. :P

The way you describe them, you RP as a bunch of Randian demigods. Enjoy your objectivism.

Those Morals you mentioned are not human centered values, they are Ta'Nar. By using your Human Standards to judge others you will inevitably decide other race's morals are not like humans because of cultural differences. Hell, we have trouble between human cultures, much less alien ones.
I can recognize cultural relativism and still say you DO have values, even if they're not mine.

And by the way, I do judge other cultures by my own standards IRL, so that "omg not equal" argument won't fly with me. :P

So yeah. You do have moral standards, even if they're different and likely wrong. ;)
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Aha! Like I suspected.

*throws Baatezu in the party to start an multi-planar Blood War.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Post by Derscon »

THE IC THREAD IS HERE

Current Invitees:

Allanea
Otagia
Telros
Trailers
Balrogga
Kost (You didn't ask, and I didn't ask you, but Trailers thought you might be interested)

Also, please send your Head of State, or cultural/political equivalent. :D I want this to be as country-clubbish as possible.

inb4 Bohemian Grove

Also, if you want to come and participate, feel free to sign up here
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.