Dissapeared from your galaxy map!

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Dissapeared from your galaxy map!

Post by Sskiss »

Mindset, I can no longer find my nation on the galaxy map. Could this be a bug? Also, I've noticed that the map tends to load slowly.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

Re: Dissapeared from your galaxy map!

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

I think it's been edited to delete systems when a nation goes inactive. And there's a lot more people using it now, so it's gotten slower.
It's amazing how a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of hungry wolves.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Sskiss »

Not sure I care for the function. It can get confusing over the long run when so called "dead" nations come back to RP. The map will constantly shift especially if a newer player places his or hers holdings on a former "dead" players holdings. What I would have done was delete those that have failed to log on NS, but not those that are still on NS, that is, not as yet deleted.

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Nothing's been deleted. Your name on the map must now match your Nationstates name otherwise it's hidden by default. It's also hidden by default if your nation ceases to exist. It'll pop back into existence if they restore their nation. People cannot place things over dead nations.

There's nothing I can do about the speed of the map except an extensive rewrite, because it's the templating engine that's slowing everything down. I don't have time for that.

Anyway, I fixed your nation. It shows up again on the default view because I've changed your username on the map to match your Nationstates one. If you add any more planets you should use that.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Sskiss »

I'd like to report a bug. When attempting to edit a planet within a system, I received the message below. I tried several times and each time the same message appeared.

Creation of planet failed, as there is already a planet here!