60%

Total votes: 10

Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Best Battletech Mech

Post by Solar Communes »

I like the Gladiator because it is cool.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Re: Best Battletech Mech

Post by Otagia »

Blood Shrike. Definitely the Blood Shrike.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

I have to ask. Why put up a poll and then add 'Castrate Facehugger', or any variation thereof, to it? We're all going to pick that option. Every time. No matter what.
It's amazing how a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of hungry wolves.
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

I've been liking the Black Knight lately. One of those, well set up and running around with TSM and a hatchet (which is in one of the canon variants, from what I've been able to see) will ruin anyone's day.

Clanner 'mechs are for fags.
This won't end well.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

Martian war machine - circa 1953

There's nothing like retro chic!
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Sskiss wrote:Martian war machine - circa 1953

There's nothing like retro chic!
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

I said 1953, not 1853!
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

The Cerberus Alliance wrote:I've been liking the Black Knight lately. One of those, well set up and running around with TSM and a hatchet (which is in one of the canon variants, from what I've been able to see) will ruin anyone's day.

On a related note

http://www.mektek.net/index.php?pid=13

Also, I thought that Inner Sphere Mechs were "better" in my first playthrough of the game, being totally ignorant of the Battletech Universe fluff, and then because of the plot comments about the Clans being fascist invaders of a Brave New World-esque dystopia and all I decided to go all Inner Sphere in both mechs and weapons. I remember beating the Solaris Grand Championship with a Black Knight armed with just a Long Tomcat, I mean, Long Tom Artillery.

Also, really, I'm a powergamer so if the game allows me to put 2 Heavy Gauss Cannons and 1 Plasma Cannon in a Fafnir or 2 Plasmas and 1 Heavy Gauss in a Daishi I don't care if it goes against purism or whatever the Omni mounts in Mercenaries. I always preferred slow rate of fire and high powered weapons over rapid-firing ones in Mech games.

YEAAAHHH
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

Solar Communes wrote:
The Cerberus Alliance wrote:I've been liking the Black Knight lately. One of those, well set up and running around with TSM and a hatchet (which is in one of the canon variants, from what I've been able to see) will ruin anyone's day.

On a related note

http://www.mektek.net/index.php?pid=13

Also, I thought that Inner Sphere Mechs were "better" in my first playthrough of the game, being totally ignorant of the Battletech Universe fluff, and then because of the plot comments about the Clans being fascist invaders of a Brave New World-esque dystopia and all I decided to go all Inner Sphere in both mechs and weapons. I remember beating the Solaris Grand Championship with a Black Knight armed with just a Long Tomcat, I mean, Long Tom Artillery.

Also, really, I'm a powergamer so if the game allows me to put 2 Heavy Gauss Cannons and 1 Plasma Cannon in a Fafnir or 2 Plasmas and 1 Heavy Gauss in a Daishi I don't care if it goes against purism or whatever the Omni mounts in Mercenaries. I always preferred slow rate of fire and high powered weapons over rapid-firing ones in Mech games.

YEAAAHHH
Yeah. My comment mostly only relates to the Battletech Tabletop game. As far as MW4 goes, switching the MW4 Black Knight to have 4 medium lasers, 2 large lasers, and a PPC is my current favorite move. This gives you the BK's canon weapons load-out, and provides the weight for upping the armor and adding some customizations like jump jets or more guns. Also, in that set up, the mech can drop a few heat sinks. Just beware, the CT on the Knight is pretty easy to hit.

Don't underestimate how much damage output you can get from medium lasers. The rate of fire helps them out.

Also, I've been messing in MW4 with an Annihilator packing four Clan Gauss and a pair of Heavy Medium lasers. Also, Cauldron-Born loaded with LBX Autocannons will rip the armor off of assault mechs like crazy, though it takes a little maneuvering and creativity to keep from getting plastered by the assault's guns.
This won't end well.