General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

4x game that allows you to build galaxy-sized spaceships

Post by Solar Communes »

http://starruler.blind-mind.com/

I'm pretty sure you might be interested. If it gets released and delivers, the late game tech and scale would make even Mekanta/Balrogga stuff pale in comparison.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Re: 4x game that allows you to build galaxy-sized spaceships

Post by Balrogga »

Cool, I am famous!

I didn't see anything about the ships being able to use psionics to carve apart planets and stars, Mekanta does that with his ships all the time.
Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Post by Derscon »

This shit does look interesting. I may have to try it out...
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Balrogga wrote:Cool, I am famous!

I didn't see anything about the ships being able to use psionics to carve apart planets and stars, Mekanta does that with his ships all the time.
Stars are kinda speedbumps to a Star Ruler ubership. Seeing as how they're bigger than galaxies. :p
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Of course, building a galaxy-sized spaceship may be the equivalent of building divisions in Hearts of Iron 3 made exclusively of Heavy Tanks.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Post by Derscon »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:
Balrogga wrote:Cool, I am famous!

Stars are kinda speedbumps to a Star Ruler ubership. Seeing as how they're bigger than galaxies. :p
> Starship
> Bigger than Galaxies

We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

Galaxy sized star ships? I can see things are getting sillier with many of these 4x games.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Solar Communes wrote:Of course, building a galaxy-sized spaceship may be the equivalent of building divisions in Hearts of Iron 3 made exclusively of Heavy Tanks.
One of the devs posts on SB and he basically confirmed that those gigantic ships are basically superweapons you won't see except in long games or ones that you just end up building them for the lulz after having already reduced your enemy to a single system. :p
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."