Anyone know any good anime?

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Anyone know any good anime?

Post by Sskiss »

Just wanted to see some. Do any of you know where I can watch some good stuff on Youtube or google video?
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Re: Anyone know any good anime?

Post by Solar Communes »

Anyone know any good book written by Stephanie Meyer?

*Edit: Now, on a more serious note, I thought you totally despised animes...
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.animeseason.com/anime-list/
Sskiss
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Great Therapodian Empire of
Name: The Sskiss

Post by Sskiss »

Solar Communes wrote:Anyone know any good book written by Stephanie Meyer?

*Edit: Now, on a more serious note, I thought you totally despised animes...
Despised animes? Really? I'll admit the genre has its fair share of crap, but I have seen some good anime over the years.
"The Sskiss are prepared to share all - All that YOU have, that is!"

"Life is like a fresh kill, eat as much as you can before it all rots"

"Our blood drenched clade shall reclaim what is rightfully ours - and so wrongly taken from us by a whim of fate"
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

I've been watching a lot of stuff on Hulu lately. Out of their selection, I really recommend Claymore, Darker than Black, Phantom, and Gunslinger Girl (the original season and Il Teatrino). I'd also recommend When They Cry, although its unique blend of "cute" and psychological horror isn't for everyone. Full Metal Panic is also wonderful, and Count of Montecristo is a must see.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Derscon
ESUS Spambot
Prefix: The Amaranthine Imperium of
Name: Derscon

Post by Derscon »

Otagia wrote:I've been watching a lot of stuff on Hulu lately. Out of their selection, I really recommend Claymore, Darker than Black, Phantom, and Gunslinger Girl (the original season and Il Teatrino). I'd also recommend When They Cry, although its unique blend of "cute" and psychological horror isn't for everyone. Full Metal Panic is also wonderful, and Count of Montecristo is a must see.

I'll second Darker than Black (both seasons) and When they Cry (Cicadas, not Seagulls). Gunslinger Girls is better than it sounds, though not for everyone.

FMP is lulzy and a fun mecha.

If you're looking for more serious stuff, Now and Then, Here and There is a must-see. Texhnolyze is a bit of a mindfuck, but also worth seeing. If you end up liking Tex, you might also like Ergo Proxy.

If you want space ships and space opera, Crest of the Stars / Banner of the Stars is a must see. Really, it's probably one of my favorite series. If you want something more light-hearted, Irresponsible Captain Tylor is your best bet.

I also have no idea if these are streamed anywhere <_<
We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France. ~ Sir Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington
"Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you." (L. Neil Smith) "
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
Siesatia
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Unified Worlds of
Name: Siesatia

Post by Siesatia »

Macross and/or Robotech, I prefer the first, as it isn't quite so Americanized and the voice acting is better imo. Space Opera.

Irresponsible Captain Tylor is hilarious, and also within that same vain as the above, only funny. Comedic Space Opera.

Fullmetal Alchemist is my guilty pleasure, I actually enjoy the show... the new one is very good as well. Military Sci-Fi Drama

Desert Punk is hilarious, and great if you just want to turn your brain off and laugh at nonsense, has an O-K story, pretty standard. Post Apocalyptic Comedy.

Ghost Stories at School / Gakko no Kaidan, I include the Japanese name because it can be a tough one to find, but in terms of funny Anime, it completely blows the others away. You HAVE to watch it in English, the Japanese version sucks hardcore, even the Japanese hate it, but the English version is completely ad-libbed by the voice actors who got told to write their own lines and it is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Comedy.

Starship Operators: I know I'm going to get laughed at for this one, but I thoroughly enjoyed how they portrayed that era of Starships and Technology, and to be perfectly honest, it REEKS of '07 Nationstates, from the plot to the technology, to the tactics. Took me back when I watched it.
Dear god... No more 5 year old Signature...

Proud ESUS Member since '04
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Urotsukidoji. The original one, not New Generation.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Projected Irregularity of
Name: Xenonier

Post by Xenonier »

Watch everything by Satoshi Kon. Watch it with the knowledge you won't be seeing any more work by him, ever again.
;>
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:Urotsukidoji. The original one, not New Generation.
Inma Seiden is better.

I know this, because I'm Mekanta. I would know.

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote