Writing Polish Worlds past history

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Writing Polish Worlds past history

Post by Solar Communes »

I think I may yet bother transcribing into a wiki article about Polish Worlds the events in the Hearts of Iron 2 AAR that inspired me to create PW in the first place. So I'd like to know whether you think that the "plot" created by it is sufficiently coherent, or if it would be better for me to just write PW story from scratch, although I personally like the idea of using this AAR for it. Among the most important events from a historical standpoint, so far:

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/4633/l ... ild001.jpg

Treaty of Grodno

1st of July of 1940: The treaty of Grodno, made between the Allies and Germany, in face of the greater alien threat, officially ends the Second World War with a white peace among the countries that were still fighting. Poland begins to rebuild while the world is collapsing under the might of a far more technologically superior invader. Hitler was assassinated by a successful Operation Valkyrie after Berlin fell to the aliens.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6178/l ... ies001.jpg

Poland "joins" the Axis to fight against the aliens

11th of November of 1940: In a move that caused lots of tension, the Polish government chooses to support Germany, claiming that they were doing so as an example for the nations of the world to leave their grudges as long as such circumstances continue, and fight together against the greater threat.

http://a.imageshack.us/img268/3407/lphoi21940itz002.jpg

Allies prepare a major Conference to create a global alliance of humanity against the aliens.

25th of December of 1940: When the alien invasion have swept more than a third of Earth, a major Conference led to the formation of the Alliance of Man(or Foedus of Man). Most countries of the world that were not yet completely crushed by the fearful and nearly unstoppable tripods and alien infantry forces in powered exoskeletons have agreed to join the Foedus of Man. Immediately, using their prestige from having managed to hold the tide of the German blitzkrieg, they have assumed command of all military forces in South America, in an attempt to secure the only continent where the nations were sufficiently desperate to allow foreigners to create an unified command for their military forces.

http://a.imageshack.us/img291/2996/lpho ... ity106.jpg

Last stand of the Polish Army

9th of April of 1941: Germany, France and Britain have been completely overran by the aliens, while in Italy, Polish, French, Yugoslav and Hungarian force fought together with the Italians to hold the last country of Europe that hasn't completely fallen yet. Most of the Polish Army however, have decided to fight to death for their home, making their last stand in the Battle of Lodz. Meanwhile, the Polish government in-exile was heading for Peru, as it became clear South America was the only place that still had a chance against such an enemy, if it was possible to hold part of the thin landmass of Central America from such enemies oblivious to the concept of amphibious warfare.

Evacuation of continental Italy successful, Suez channel is temporarily secured

9th of June of 1941: After it became clear that Europe was lost for good, a desperate evacuation, far more difficult and with far greater chances to end in disaster than Dunkirk that happened in another Space-Time Continuum, is conducted successfully, saving more than half a million soldiers from meeting a terrible fate while surrounded by tripods. Submarines continually patrol Sicily to ensure no aliens will ever be able to cross and invade it. Preparations are made to evacuate all the soldiers stranded in Palermo to South America, the last hope of humanity, for their arrival there could turn the tide of a seemingly hopeless conflict.

http://a.imageshack.us/img801/1729/lpho ... ope014.jpg

Allied forces win the decisive battle of Panama against the dreaded tripods

18th of July of 1941: Tripods, proven too resilient to be defeated in an offensive operation no matter how outnumbered they are, are successfully driven back from Panama, preventing a disaster that would ruin the fragile South American Theater and lead to the extinction of humanity in all continents of the world.

http://a.imageshack.us/img686/9602/lphoi2newwp001.jpg

The United Democratic Multinational States of the Americas is formed.

2nd of August of 1941: Suffering under riots, chaos, and the inability to properly supply their troops, the countries the entire America, or more exactly, what is left of them, become more and more open to the idea of an unified continental superstate, and thus it is created, as the last and best hope for humanity. By the end of 1941, such action has shown its benefits, as in an incredible military campaign they have managed to successfully turn the tide, and crush an entire but dispersed army of soldiers in power armors, while massive networks of fortresses and bunkers were being built in Panama and more than a million soldiers stood watch along the thousands of tripods to the north, with no Belgian border as a way to bypass them.

PS: Yes, that AAR thread has some lolwat, but PW is not intended to be like Solar Communes. Is the way it is going sufficiently cool and not too absurd, or should I ditch the idea?

*Edit: Panama would be something like a fortress-nation. lol
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

No comment needed

Post by Solar Communes »

Telros
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Dominion of
Name: Telros

Re: Writing Polish Worlds past history

Post by Telros »

A pity you couldn't finish the campaign, this was a well done Let's Play.
Pyramid Facehugger would be fucking brutal. I don't know if I'll ever get to sleep with the thought of that genocidal rape behemoth rampaging through the large-eyed schoolgirls swimming in a sea of biceps that populate my subconscious.

Oh you're starving? WELL FUCK YOU THEN, HADUKEN!
-- Proof that the Old Testament God was a dick.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Blame Communist Iceland.

But that is the closest thing ever: a RP about a WW2 army fighting against aliens at a global scale just wouldn't work because it would be way too time-intensive.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

SUPERMARINE SPITFIRE!