ESUS Post-mortem

General debate and discussion. (OOC)
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Re: ESUS Post-mortem

Post by Otagia »

Nah, only two (sporadically living) puppets for me: TirTairngire (elves in P/MT and Invae in FT) and Khurgan (Tzeentch cult).
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster
Prefix: The Confederation of
Name: Solar Communes

Post by Solar Communes »

Otagia wrote:Nah, only two (sporadically living) puppets for me: TirTairngire (elves in P/MT and Invae in FT) and Khurgan (Tzeentch cult).
Sorry, should've guessed. Still some people are going to try pulling general-purpose offsite RPing boards because of all that drama. Not sure if they'd lead anywhere and I'm skeptical they could really become self-sufficient enough or get enough people to migrate from Nationstates to it. If it turns out to become good enough, I guess I may go there. If it doesn't, I'll need a break from NS soon enough anyway.

One more disclaimer: I can't separate my OOC view of someone based upon what this one does in the Internet from the fact such person could be a good writer and even a good RPer, although lately the situation this mostly applies to implies that the latter was a misconception, it was as much as expecting a dungeon master to RP fairly if he suddenly places his own PC in the session, except it involved someone who was not DM before, then after becoming slowly descended into a slippery slope of wankery and power abuse even related to IC matters. Hence my ignore_list has grown tenfold recently.

And I have witnessed enough in II, specially regarding Judea, to conclude I can't trust Jenrak or the Conglomerate to RP fairly, particularly in Modern Tech.

Well, this is what I honestly think.

But it's easier to forget about it and simply avoid RPing with those who obviously won't RP fairly or who I lost all my respect for OOCly.
ESUS: And with strange Eons, even Death may Die
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

Also, remember when I mentioned that you don't even know what you don't know?

Well, if you want to know a little of what you don't even know that you don't know, check this blog from an ubermensch with Titanium Bones and IQ > 180 called Cleveland Mark Blakemore:

http://vault-co.blogspot.com/

Here is a little preview of it:
Media Blackout : Top Banker Says Kwanzania Is About To Die Screaming Eating Baby Meat And Burning ZOGBux For Fuel
Incredibly, this story got almost no media coverage of any kind.

If Ben Bernanke feels obligated to tell people that the entire country is about to crater, you know it's close to the end of the matter. This guy is essentially a clown paid to do flips and juggle to keep the people happy. When even this guy is telling people ITZ COMING you know it is a very bad situation.

Chaos. More chaos. Anarchy and chaos. The creeping crud of chaos is coming to swallow up the Kwanstain in a pall of smoke, blood and fire. Another empire that dies in a storm of paper currency and hyperinflation. Don't worry though, things should get back to normal around 2020 or thereabouts. Sure they will. Or, never.
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

Right. Not bothering to read through the entire thread at the moment, but let me say this: I'm still alive and it looks like a couple others are as well. RL can be a bitch at times, and I haven't really had the time to RP on NS for a while, what with Grad School and attempting to find a job.

If its possible, I'd love to see an IRC channel start up again. That felt like a good way to communicate with everyone here, and I'm on IRC for large portions of the day these days.
This won't end well.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

The Cerberus Alliance wrote:Right. Not bothering to read through the entire thread at the moment, but let me say this: I'm still alive and it looks like a couple others are as well. RL can be a bitch at times, and I haven't really had the time to RP on NS for a while, what with Grad School and attempting to find a job.

If its possible, I'd love to see an IRC channel start up again. That felt like a good way to communicate with everyone here, and I'm on IRC for large portions of the day these days.
I know how it is because this is the real reason for several of mine "LOL now I'm leaving NS for real" threads.

I could set up #esus on irc.esper.net if nobody else would bother.
Xenonier
Uber-Ancients
Prefix: The Projected Irregularity of
Name: Xenonier

Post by Xenonier »

I can lurk on irc.

Probably not going to be making any kind of new roleplay things though. Probably a good thing that Zerst/Uni have not posted anything lately, my own speed of reply might well have been as slow!. I believe the post I made on SC's blacklist thread was the last thing I have done in quite a while.
;>
The Cerberus Alliance
ESUS Nipple-o-rama
Prefix: The Reclusive Protectorate of
Name: The Cerberus Alliance

Post by The Cerberus Alliance »

Solar Communes wrote:I could set up #esus on irc.esper.net if nobody else would bother.
I have just set up this channel. #esus on irc.esper.net
My nickname on that server is Observer. I'll try to get everything thoroughly set up in the next few minutes.
This won't end well.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

If you're attemping to keep this forum going, you need to elect a new admin. I'm too busy to deal with it these days.

I am currently looking at the possibility of finding a new host for the wiki. It takes up a lot of space on my server - space I will need soon.
Solar Communes
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Solar Communes »

The Mindset wrote:If you're attemping to keep this forum going, you need to elect a new admin. I'm too busy to deal with it these days.

I am currently looking at the possibility of finding a new host for the wiki. It takes up a lot of space on my server - space I will need soon.
I guess I'll have to finish backing up everything in Wikistates, just in case.

*Edit: Two people just posted applications, thus the latest defibrilation attempts may lead somewhere. As the resident coroner, I may yet need to review my Death in absentia document about the ESUS.
Otagia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Otagia »

What are the bandwidth figures for the forums and wiki (and the map, if you've got the numbers)? I might be able to take over hosting.
Stercus stercus stercus Moriturus Sum