The ESUS major war-thing-exterminatus

General debate and discussion. (OOC)

Will you commit to this war, and help make the ESUS active once more?

Damn straight! I'm the cavalry, the artillery, AND the infantry in this one!
88%
No, I'm too close to the GFFA/GE
No votes
No, I'm undergoing civil war/my leaders are hippies
6%
No, I don't have the time
No votes
I could do one or two things, but not a major commitment
6%

Total votes: 16

Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

The ESUS major war-thing-exterminatus

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

Well, I just said something in Mindset's thread.

And he's right. Planning is vital for a good storyline, but, in NS, a good storyline is not necessarily part of a war storyline.

Who's willing to commit their forces, pull out of every other alliance opposed to this one in such a war, and get ready to crack some n00bs round the head? Anyone?
CorpSac
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by CorpSac »

well ive been away from the FT for awhile (love the looks of the forum tho) but im back and im more then willing to commit to this type of RP.
Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

Xenonier and I just did some adding up, for those us a bit reluctant.

In terms of population, (discounting nations who are members of both alliances), the GE and the GFFA have around 30-35 billion each. This is assuming every member is active for the war.

The ESUS has 114 billion people.

Assuming we have a 30% participant rate, and the other alliances have a 50% participant rate (Worst-case scenarios allow for a lot of redundancy in our planning), we're equal with both of them combined.

Any situation better than this means nigh-certain victory. Any situation worse than this means we can still take advantage of their weakened states in the war.

If there was ever a time to reassert the ESUS, it was now.
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

I don't want to do it. Why? too many sodding noobs. That simple. I've been reading their RPs, and when the person putting in the most effort to their posts is US...
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
The Mindset
Prefix: Den interstellera republik av
Name: The Mindset

Post by The Mindset »

Jordaxia wrote:I don't want to do it. Why? too many sodding noobs. That simple. I've been reading their RPs, and when the person putting in the most effort to their posts is US...
This wasn't a problem during the Shivan wars, was it? Anyway, the point of the war would be for us to be noticed again.
Jordaxia
Mecha Maniac

Post by Jordaxia »

It wasn't a problem then for me cause I was pretty crappy as well. Now I just wouldn't want the stress of dealing with people who can and DO claim FLEETS of super star destroyers.

EDIT: not only that, I have no way to even hurt ships of that firepower, and I will not change my tech basis for it either.
Last edited by Mekanta on Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't imitate anyone, even if they're admirable. When things lose their individuality, they descend into chaos. The thing you should fear most is the loss of your individuality. Disregard advancement. Live by your own truth. Preserve what is genuine within yourself."
-Guo Xiang.

I hate ST warp core drives! They're like; "hi, I'm basic physics. Care to FUCK ME IN THE ARSE?" -Me.
Arenumberg
Prefix: The Sophiacracy
Name: Arenumberg

Post by Arenumberg »

Minus A Few Billion Dear.

If Blaesa actually posted something substantial I could get on with killing muself.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Jordaxia wrote:It wasn't a problem then for me cause I was pretty crappy as well. Now I just wouldn't want the stress of dealing with people who can and DO claim FLEETS of super star destroyers.
Apply the inverse law of the Star Destroyer: As ISD numbers go up, quality of individual ISDs goes down. Hence why a single ISD can annihilapwn the alpha quadrant, but several billion fail to defeat the rebels. It's like Ninjas. :P

(Especially since those who tend towards smaller fleets of ISDs tend to be the better roleplayers. :P)
EDIT: not only that, I have no way to even hurt ships of that firepower, and I will not change my tech basis for it either.
You could always hire mercenaries. I hear the Kanuckistani adventurer's guild is willing to do some jobs.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Rupil
ESUS Teletubby Fan

Post by Rupil »

The Tkalgren Technocracy of Rupil has no fear of war and gives no quarter to its enemies. And will not fear as long as it has mighty allies such as those in the ESUS. It only asks that those who depend upon it for protection, the lesser worlds of the GTK, be protected from counterattack.

However, since we the ESUS shall take the offensive and never give it up, as a proper general should, there are no second thoughts among our leaders. Production of the newest and most powerful warships if being redoubled, and all patrol craft are being called in for repairs and preperations for battle.
Current Nation: Nhotap
Non-Human Organisms That Allow Plots
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

Rupil wrote: However, since we the ESUS shall take the offensive and never give it up, as a proper general should, there are no second thoughts among our leaders. Production of the newest and most powerful warships if being redoubled, and all patrol craft are being called in for repairs and preperations for battle.
ditto