Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Sskiss wrote:
Central Facehuggeria wrote:
Aegeus wrote:It's amazingly well armored,
Then the least you could do is make it look as such. Because those legs look like perfect targets. :p
Actually, armour is the least of the concerns here. In truth, it would collapes under its own wieght. The closest thing to a mech that might be feasble (at least given time) is your own powered armour, which seems to me a bridge gap between "regular" powered armour and true mechs (if such a thing could ever exist).
Yup. When I use mechs, it's always for one purpose and one purpose only. It makes a statement. "We're so much better than you are that we can intentionally handicap ourselves by using ineffecient bipedal walkers and still win a flawless victory." :P
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

Oh, I know its totally impossible (by modern standards), I just think it looks shibby, and the idea of huge mecha pwnsaucing turns me on.

Technobabble is as follows
As to the armoring, I use Nachtium as you may remember. It only can be created in a crystal lattice, and because of it's massive density you only use it in very thin layers, but is a massively strong building material (think of building a skyscraper out of steel vs out of wood). This means the mech is not only highly armored, but also can support its own weight. This means it's also immensely heavy, which can be solved easily by counteracting repulsor lifts.
Honestly these creations aren't meant to win battles by themselves anyway, they're just supposed to be awe-inspiring and pretty frikkin cool.

This is future-tech people, nothing is impossible, and if it isn't cost effective, who cares? None of us actually need to participate in real ground combat anyway, we're perfectly capable of just blowing up any dissident planets, and moving right along.
Theology:
Quitters never win, winners never quit,
but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:
"sir, there's a tank column approaching!"
Doesn't matter, I'll use my carrier!
*Carrier fucks tank column over*

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Mecha only works if you're an anime-ish nation.

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Then what about plain old Mechs? Battletech ftw.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

Marauders + Madcats + Novadragons = Yummy clan goodness.
Theology:
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:
War was good until you Yanks came along with your aircraft carriers and broke it.

Jordaxia:

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

My pilots almost have a sacred reverence for Clan designs.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Re:

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

Arizona Nova wrote:My pilots almost have a sacred reverence for Clan designs.
If I had to use a Btech design, it would definitely be the Timber Wolf/Madcat. It just looks serious.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Re: Diggity-DoGA

Post by Metallinauts »

Agreed CF
Aegeus

Post by Aegeus »

Yeah, the yygy is actually slightly based off of the madcat (you'll notice the placements of guns, cockpits, legs etc are all the same), and the original concept looks even more similar if you look closley, but the newer one is a redesign of a redesign of a redesign, so it obviously looks a little different. (Favorite mech ever though is still the Raven)
Theology:
-Aaron
------------------------
Jordaxia:

Jordaxia:

Aegeus:
OMGNOEEEZ!
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

Here is my latest creation. It is my Interrogator Class Prison Barge. Those shiny things at the front are the Gravity Catapults, used for returning prisoners at C-Frac velocities.

Why waste a free resource? Use those pesky prisoners as ammunition. Any object can be accellerated to a C-Frac weapon sooo...