[Proposal] Admit Derscon?

ESUS Senate Resolutions rejected by the alliance.

Do we, or do we not?

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 13

Allanea
Silly Forum Johnnie

[Proposal] Admit Derscon?

Post by Allanea »

Apparently, due to some problems, he's not able to post the third test. Whether writer's block, or studying, or something. I wasn't able to determine.

My point is, he passed the first two with flying colors, it seems, well enough that he needs to REALLY SCREW UP the third one to be barred admittance.

He is known to me and to other members of ESUS as a very good RPer.

So, why don't we just nix the third test and admit him?
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

And I call bullshit...
I wrote:Ok...

Your territory has been invaded by a well equipped and well organized barbaric space faring nomadic tribe. They are known only to you as the Knights of Ni. They offer you a chance to spare your empire under one condition. You must produce a planet whose surface is composed entirely of shrubberies. The problem is you have no shrubbers as it is seen as tacky in your culture.

Play out the urgent quest for said shrubbery planet adn the knights reaction.
According to the post date it was posted
Forum Post Date wrote:Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:36 am
Torontonias
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Torontonias »

Unfortunately it creates the slippery slope that could ultimately lead to the destruction of the Testing system. If we admit Derscon becasue he did "Well" on the first two tests, and just because he can't get himself to finish the third one we should go on the results of the first two and let him in?

What if someone blows away the first test and has a friend on the inside of the alliance? Should we let them in?

What if someone is really popular with the alliance, say, Kendari, should we just allow him in as well without the tests?

Just because itss essentially pre-ordinaned that people will pass the tests (Face it, it isn't difficult) doesn't mean we should bypass them all together!

Its whats kept alliance standards *Relatively* high. If we abandon that, we become no better then any standard FT NS Alliance.

Therefore, I vote nay, if he's done so well on the first two, he should easily finish the third.
Central Facehuggeria
Site Admin
Prefix: The Second Imperium of
Name: Central Facehuggeria

Post by Central Facehuggeria »

While I have the utmost respect for Derscon, we can't compromise our traditions. His test will remain open as long as it takes to finish. I'm also willing to give him 'not a member' status and access to the general boards, if he'd like it. But for full membership, he must finish the tests, I'm sorry to say.
"Please tell me that you haven't heard military gossip about a fleet of invisible battleplates."
Penguenia
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Penguenia »

No.
Penguenia
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Kanuckistan »

Central Facehuggeria wrote:While I have the utmost respect for Derscon, we can't compromise our traditions. His test will remain open as long as it takes to finish. I'm also willing to give him 'not a member' status and access to the general boards, if he'd like it. But for full membership, he must finish the tests, I'm sorry to say.

Aye; tell him it wouldn't be fair to those who finished their tests, but we're willing to give him as long as he needs.