OOC: *Dusts off senate* Recruiting drive

ESUS Senate Resolutions rejected by the alliance.

Go on a recruiting drive.

Poll ended at Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:31 pm

Yay
38%
Nay
38%
None of the above
25%

Total votes: 8

Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

OOC: *Dusts off senate* Recruiting drive

Post by Trailers »

*Cleans cobwebs out of the poll button* It seems to me..*Flicks a spider* that it has been quite a while since we bothered to make an effort to expand our organization. In light of the new ESUS Source mod we plan to make, wouldn't it be a good idea to start recruiting some new meat to get more hands on the project? More work in the long run, but more fuel to the fires of inspiration. I don't want to see this end up falling apart a year down the road because we stopped going on recruiting drives and all the oldies started to atrophy.
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Skeelzania
ESUS Nipple-o-rama

Post by Skeelzania »

Eh, I'm leery of recruiting for the express purpose of getting more people to work on that Source mod. Though if it stimulates Roleplay, I'm for it. So... I'll throw a vote for yes.
Trailers

Post by Trailers »

That wasn't my sole purpose, or even a real purpose. It just made me think that it wouldn't hurt to expand our alliance. I mean, where would we be if in our early NS days some union or other hadn't taken us in and showed us how to RP? It happened with me back in 03.
Traileric Empire

Neo-Mekanta
ESUS Cummycow
Prefix: The Galactic Hegemony of
Name: Neo-Mekanta

Post by Neo-Mekanta »

Nay, in IC ways.

We don't have enough competition as-is.

However... OOC "membership," such as an "ESUS 'This Guy's Good'" list, I shall not oppose.

... I'm going to rape you all so hard your various orifaces will be an unending river of blood, and when I'm finally done with everything from your eye sockets to your arsehole, I'm going cut new holes to use...
-Classic Quote
Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Neo-Mekanta wrote:We don't have enough competition as-is.
Elaborate?
Traileric Empire

Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

This makes me think of how I came here - strangely enough, by way of Mekanta. I think that I had posted a ship design, and it was complemented by numerous ESUS members, including Mekanta. I had one other interaction before that point where he had also been present, and I had noticed he had nanites. I arranged to buy some, and one thing led to another in conversation, and eventually I came to the ESUS forums, then applied to join.

The point is, I think that we don't need to recruit; an explicit recruiting drive would probably only bring in the desperate and in turn look as if we're desperate for new blood. We just have to individually be involved with the pulse of life in FT, while unashamedly showing our alliance colors. While you might spurn this as too easy, it's harder than it looks I think.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Well, perhaps a less obvious sort of recruitment? Notice an upstart nation who displays FT rp skill etc of say..no less than 1 billion..and IC arrange some sort of meeting between their leader and an ESUS spokesmen? That way it won't be a swamping of small newbie nations who "ned munnie 4 m16s"
Traileric Empire

Kreshh
ESUS Danza Slap

Post by Kreshh »

So long as they can pass the test, I don't see a problem with this.
I've only ever asked God for one thing: "Lord, make my enemies ridiculous," and he granted my request.

My immediate advice is to go buy Brewsters. It is a dictionary, and a quite fine one. This you should use to bludgeon yourself comatose each and every night, in the faint hope that some of the knowledge contained in it might be transferred. If not, it would at least leave you damaged enough that you wouldn't be coming here and violate our senses with your retarded babble.
Megas
Mecha Maniac

Post by Megas »

I believe what Trailers is getting at is less of a recruiting drive, and more of a scouting of potential candidates, so to speak, and inviting them to join our alliance.

But, as AZ stated, this would indeed involve being actively involved in FT RP enough so that the ESUS is promoted. Otherwise any new blood that we invite who has a head on their shoulders is most likely going to say "WTF? What's an ESUS?"
[22:28] Coop: Because, you know, Florida only has more exotic indigenous species on its beaches than the rest of the US combined
[22:28] Anithraldur/Darth Pompious: The world is changed: sororities dont' count Megas