Ceasefire with the GFFA

ESUS Senate Resolutions rejected by the alliance.

Cessation of hostilities with the GFFA

Yes
43%
No
21%
Undecided
36%

Total votes: 14

Trailers
Take Off Every Zig For Great Justice!
Prefix: The Glorious Hellenic Empire
Name: Trailers

Ceasefire with the GFFA

Post by Trailers »

Peace with the GFFA, at gunpoint if necessary.

I know that there are many of us who don't want to worry about the GFFA/ESUS thing popping up and sucking valuable military resources again. That and the whole thing smells like dead fish. It was a good idea, an alliance battle, but nonetheless it fell through. Lets end it once and for all. I am at peace with Abh and ND, so I will happily host peace talks on an outpost station or something at the edge of my territory. If they refuse to come to terms, than those of you who want to re-open the scars will have justification.

"Accept our terms or we will attack"

Vote.
Traileric Empire

Guide our souls to the Elysium Fields
Bear us home upon our shields
Lay coins across our brows and sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
And when our sons and mothers lay us upon the funeral pyre
Tell them we died Hellenic soldiers with our faces to the fire
Kanuckistan
ESUS Testicle Monster

Re: Ceasefire with the GFFA

Post by Kanuckistan »

We kinda need to agree on what terms to offer first.

That's what I thought you were going to propose here when I saw this thread.
Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
Prefix: The Reconstituted Kingdom
Name: Arizona Nova

Post by Arizona Nova »

Option 4: Give anyone who wants one a shovel and either let them bury it or work it into their canon, but NEVER SPEAK OF IT AGAIN.

You can't deal with these people. Abh and the leaders are pretentious wankers; they can't be dealt with because they automatically assume they will always win. Why people can't see that continues to amaze me. The only people worth roleplaying with in the GFFA - whoever it was my attack force was fighting against - unfortuneatly never managed to get online, ever, which for me was the biggest disappointment because he was actually realistic as well as a good writer. If he had continued on with some regularity I would have put more effort into keeping it alive, but as is the only people that cared on the GFFA end just wanted to fence with their e-peen.

It's not even worth it at this point to work out a cease fire. Just put whatever historical bits involving it you want in your wiki, and MOVE ON. Nobody should care anymore. Honestly, the Iraq war was better conceived, had more solid justification, and had better execution than this.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Metallinauts
Prefix: The
Name: Metallinautsi Federation

Post by Metallinauts »

*hands AZN an internet*
Good job, we have someone who realizes that no alliance is realistic and that nearly all of NS ft is populated by n00bs and ch00bs that think they are invincible.
Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Kanuckistan wrote:We kinda need to agree on what terms to offer first.

That's what I thought you were going to propose here when I saw this thread.
The purpose of this thread was to find if I should even bother drawing up terms.

AZN, the reason I made this were people were making war noises about the GFFA in the War Room, and I do NOT want this thing back open. So i thought I'd push a ceasefire so that the people who want to ruin teh peace and quiet, well, couldn't. .-.
Traileric Empire

Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

The GFFA leadership will not accept our terms, ergo we will be forced to attack. That is why I don't support this. I simply don't support *any* gravedigging of the war at all.
[center]Wit ye well, that when no good men remain to stand against those who choose evil, what will remain to restrain them from unleashing their dark designs?[/center]
~Anikar

{Back Burner}
Hyperspatial Travel
ESUS Danza Slap
Prefix: The Aleph-Null Cardinality of
Name: Hyperspatial Travel

Post by Hyperspatial Travel »

No official cessation. Just let it die in peace.
It's amazing how a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of hungry wolves.
Balrogga
ESUS Testicle Monster

Post by Balrogga »

I can just see them bragging about it now...

"We not only brought the War to a standstill but we also made the ESUS ask for a cease fire."

I vote "NO" if only to prevent them from turning this from a mutual "lets get this over with" into a PR ploy. If they want to have something to brag about then let's make them earn it, not give in to them or even to BOREDOM.

That is the most common complaint I have heard so far. "I'm bored, what else is there to do" while we had members still fighting. Isn't that abandoning other members during an Alliance War. I don't want to misquote the Constitution so I won't, but I thought we were supposed to stick together to the end and not only until someone gets bored or inconvienced.

This fact had been on my mind lately and I wonder if I can count on fellow member when it is needed if they cannot even stick together during an Allience event like this. It makes me wonder if it is worth remaining in the ESUS if I cannot count on members sticking up for me like I would for them.

I thought we were Loyal to each other.

Did I waste more than three years in the ESUS?

*leaves the podium feeling betrayed*
Trailers

Post by Trailers »

Then it's decided, we let it die and move on.
Traileric Empire

Arizona Nova
GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Post by Arizona Nova »

Bal, while I am pleased that you're also voting no to this proposition, I am very, very perturbed by your allegations. I am especially disgusted with your blanket accusation of *the alliance as a whole.*

I already gave you my practical reasons for jettisoning this miserable abortion of an RP. Alone they constitute more than enough of a reason to not continue on in the war, and if I had the benefit of that hindsight back then I would never have gotten involved in this, not in a million years.

Now if we're talking about time here, lets take a look at that time, shall we? You say you've been in the alliance three years. When did the war begin, about? Probably about here, about a year and a half ago. The last activity, at least in my neck of the war's woods, was about a year ago.

I don't know what your rules about RP and time are, Bal, but you apparently think three years is a long time to invest in something. I agree, as it's about the same amount of time that I have been in ESUS as well. It feels like forever. Six months is the formidable amount of time I invested in fighting the war. Six months, of waiting for Kendari to post, six months of reading the excrement Abh & Company thought constituted writing, six months of watching as the enormous effort we put into it broke down into bitchfests about whose turn it was to post.

I am just as heartbroken as you are about the massive failure of this war, Bal. When it started, I thought we really had something, and when it got going, I was elated. The difference between you and me is that I am angry (not weepy) about it, I direct this anger towards those to whom it belongs (the insects that constitute the GFFA leadership, rather than the worthy people I have played this game with for three years), and I have (until this most recent expectoration) moved on.

Ultimately, nobody asked you to keep fighting, Bal. That was your call. Don't start throwing shit at the rest of us for petering off on this when between ourselves, we couldn't motivate others in our own attack group to post, much less get the people we were fucking fighting to ever check in or be reasonable about anything.
~Anikar

{Back Burner}